VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm continueing my transition to vegan. I've pretty much got the cooking bit covered so now it's on to household and personal supplies. I'm looking for cruelty free animal free products you can find at your local supermarket or drugstore. I'm looking in particular for the following: dishwasher soap, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, multy perpose cleaner, commet or something like it, tooth paste, makeup, and bodywash. The stores I'm going to if it helps are Winco and Target.<br><br>
TIA<br>
Audrey

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Method at Target is largely if not all vegan for household cleaning and laundry products. Baking soda and vinegar can be used to clean a number of things. E.L.F. has a lot of makeup that is vegan and is at many Targets and ALBA is at many Targets and makes great hair and body care, much of it vegan.

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
I use baking soda diluted and vinegar diluted instead of shampooing.<br>
Dr. Bronners soap in a foaming container in the baths.<br>
I got Method dish soap buy one get one or I'd use Bronners for dishes too! Both are at Target.<br>
I don't use any commercial cleaners- baking soda paste gets off all kinds of baked on messes. Scrubs anything you'd use cleanser on. Freshens oniony cutting boards. Brush baking soda on carpet stains, spray with white vinegar let bubble away, then scrub and blot. One cup vinegar in the washer rinse cycle softens clothes. white vinegar gets out perspiration stains on clothes. Salt and lemon juice or vinegar get off soap scum and hard water buildup.<br>
Coconut oil is a wonderful skin and hair moisturizer. You can make facial scrubs from sugar, or sea salt and oil-or mashed apple if oily skin. Baking soda is fine for teeth.<br>
I do have E.L.F. makeup from Target- eyeliners. It's very cheap, made in China, but is vegan.<br>
I've been using Charlies Soap for laundry for a couple years- fair trade, organic, and vegan. I buy that on Amazon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts