VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay now that I have the vegan food thing down I would like to start working on my toiletrie items. What is a good vegan soap or body wash? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I make and use my own, but i always loved the Lush soaps,

I always ordered online but now there is a store in Boston, i dont go that much since i use my own, but i still like Lush. they mark which products are vegan too.

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Lush products are great. But be careful, not all of their products are vegan. I bought some hair conditioner there a few weeks ago, and noticed too late that it has yoghurt in it.

I spoke to them about it, and they said that they had already received some comments and now they have put a little green sticker on all the 100% vegan products. They were very decent about it, and gave me some free products to make up for their labelling which was not clear enough.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Alba's Very Emollient body washes are nice. Shikai's French Vanilla or the Cucumber Melon body washes are good, too.

I really like Nutribiotic Vanilla Chai body wash. They have a Fresh Fruit scented one, i prefer the vanilla chai.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Tiggybrown, no I dont live in Boston, I am about 40 miles west on the other side of 495.........near Mt Wachusett ski area......if you know where that is.

anyway, I have been to the Lush on Newbury St. I have not been to the new one in cambridge.

We can zip into the city in less than an hour ( off rush hour of course!)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wonder if my local natural foods etc. store has Lush products. I'll have to go some weekend and find out.

For my oily face, I use Desert Essences Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Tea Trea Oil. It's really pretty good! My son and I also use Dr. Bronner's castile bars, mostly Tea Tree Oil but I also like the minty one. Mmm, mint...

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
tiggy..if there is a Whole Foods nearby, they have a store brand (365) bodywash that is vegan. It's kinda plain, but it gets ya clean, and it's cheap.

re: Lush - you can't buy it at other stores, but you can order it directly from Lush. Plus, for the op, there are a couple of stores in the Boston area. As mentioned, a large portion of their items aren't vegan, but the staff have always been very helpful to me.

Right now, I often just use some of my shampoo instead of bodywash, since it's basically the same thing.
My favorite though, is this stuff from Origins, some grapefruit scented stuff. I can't seem to find it online, but I just saw it in the store a few weeks ago. The downside is that is wickedly expensive (like $15 a pop, I think).

For hand soaps, I like the Kiss My Face Pear or Almond. I used them when I was working with the babies and washing my hands like 40 times a day. It keeps my fingers nice and soft.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
All the Original Source products except I think the bar soaps are vegan.

They have lovely shower gels and stuff.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Are you all saying that most soap and bodywash has animal products in it?.

Because saying you have to seek out special ones seems to imply that.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_feast View Post

For my oily face, I use Desert Essences Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Tea Trea Oil.
I love this stuff too. I don't know if Trader Joe's is in the Boston area, but they have vegan soaps, body wash, shampoo, etc. at inexpensive prices.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

Are you all saying that most soap and bodywash has animal products in it?.

Because saying you have to seek out special ones seems to imply that.
Yes, most soap contains animal products (sodium tallowate), and most toiletries either contain animal products and/or have been tested on animals. If you want vegan products, make sure to look at the packaging to see if it says the product both doesn't contain animal products and wasn't tested on animals.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kiss My Face Oilve Oil soap

I have super-sensitive skin and this is the only product that I can trust.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.