VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made sloppy joes from a recipe from Bobsredmill.com<br><br><br><br>
(they make TVP and other vegetarian products)<br><br><br><br>
They were delicious the first day, but there was an aftertaste the next day. I have noticed this with commercial soyburgers also. Anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll try it. But I found those mixes are usually quite high in sodium (which is why I started cooking from scratch to begin with).

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I made tempeh sloppy joes from scratch once. They were good and didn't have an aftertaste the next day. I'll dig around and see if I still have the recipe. If I can find it, I'll post it for you (probably won't be for a couple of days b/c I'm never home--if I forget and you really want the recipe, PM me.)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I tried fantastic food's tofu burger mix.<br><br>
I liked the taste, but not the texture. It was too grainy. I'd prefer something that left the texture of the firm tofu more intact. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I make vegan sloppy joes with Morningstar recipe crumbles (I think that's what they're called) and Manwich sauce. Really easy.....and I've never noticed an aftertaste.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
It's not exactly sloppy joes, but I make bbq tofu just by crumbing up tofu and putting bbq sauce over it.<br><br><br><br>
First I saute some onion and garlic, then crumble in the 'fu, then add the bbq sauce and get it all hot.<br><br><br><br>
Then I make a grilled cheese sammich with the bbq tofu in the middle. (People could use vegan cheese of course.)<br><br><br><br>
Yummy, but expect to eat it with a fork, as it's messy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts