VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister wants a natural, vegan skin brightener for her pigmented skin (brown spots).

Nothing with *paraben in it either.

She wants to avoid cosmetics as much as possible but opt for more of a natural product.

I suggested Vitamin C, but I dont know where you can purchase pure Vit C. I dont know if Neem oil will help.

Does any one of you have any recommendations????

Thanks!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nature's Gate 'Light Switch' Lemon Skin Brightener might be good. It does have dimethicone and a few other non-organic ingredients in it:

http://www.natures-gate.com/shop/sho...uctId=48300104

Not sure about the ingredients being completely vegan?:

Certified Organic (*)Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Allplant Essence, Certified Organic (*)Lippia Citriodora (Lemon Verbena) Allplant Essence, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Citrus Unshiu (Japanese Mandarin) Peel Extract, Vegetable Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Certified Organic Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract(2), Certified Organic Rosa Gallica (Apothecary's Rose) Flower(1), Calluna Vulgaris (Heather)(2), Lactuca Scariola Sativa (Lettuce) Leaf(2), Morus Nigra (Black Mullberry) Leaf(2), Centaurium Erythraea (Centaury)(2), Clycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice)(2), Bisabolol Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexyglycerin, Mitracarpus Scaber Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Arcostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Hinokitiol, Lecithin, Soy Isoflavone Aglycone, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Coco PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 80, Alchohol Denat., Essential Oils of Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange and Lemon. * Grown in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thats a lot of stuff in the bottle. :p

Might as well slather OJ on your face.

hmmmm, that just got me thinking. lol.

Thanks for the input. I think i might need one too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Of course, you could really go all-natural and make your own with a couple drops of lemon essential oil in a bottle of a good skin-friendly carrier oil (like grapeseed oil) or an unscented lotion (no more than 1-2% of the EO in the carrier product just to be safe). This can be problematic as some people are sensitive to EO's and lemon oil can be drying and photo-toxic if worn while out in the sun or tanning bed.

LOL...maybe Jan Brady did it best when she just rubbed lemon halves on herself!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh good idea. Thanks for the tip; i'll definitely try that. I reckon that Orange has more vitmain C than lemon does. I always figured that lemon can darken your skin, esp if you go out in the sun, but I am not so sure.

I slather OJ on my face last night.. not bad. Too early to tell, but we'll see the rest of the week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts