VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the store, I found the vegan cheese brand came out with american cheese singles. On a whim, I decided why not. I generally don't like fake cheese, and these are disgusting when not melted..but..<br><br><br><br><br><br>
I found they make an awesome grilled cheese with tomatos, or adding on other veggies such as red and green peppers, onions and mushrooms all sauteed first. even a little garlic. The trick to melting this "cheese" is cooking it very slow. it's still a little on the rubbery side but having not had cheese in so long, it seems more like a mild cheddar to me.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Does anyone else like these as much as I do? I've been eating grilled "cheese" now for a week straight.. lol..

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've never tried Vegan Singles, but I think Tofutti Roasted Garlic slices are quite good. I've haven't tried them cold (I don't have the guts!), but they are really tasty in grilled cheeze sandwiches.<br><br><br><br>
I've also heard that Vegan Gourmet Cheese is wonderful, in case you're interested. In particular, the nacho and mozzarella flavors seem to be popular. You'll find more info at <a href="http://www.imearthkind.com" target="_blank">www.imearthkind.com</a><br><br><br><br>
However, I personally prefer homemade cheezes to store-bought ones.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i love them. i forget the brand name of the kind i get. i make grillcheeses out of them and although they dont melt they still get quite gooey in the middle. esp the the mozzarella kind. sooo yummy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have tried Soymage and Tofutti and Tofutti is the best. I love the Garlic ones on a chili dog and the others on<br><br>
tofu scramble/sausage bagels. I also make cheeze from scratch. Shannon/Zimma

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by RGR</i><br><br><b>I've never tried Vegan Singles, but I think Tofutti Roasted Garlic slices are quite good. I've haven't tried them cold (I don't have the guts!), but they are really tasty in grilled cheeze sandwiches.<br><br><br><br>
I've also heard that Vegan Gourmet Cheese is wonderful, in case you're interested. In particular, the nacho and mozzarella flavors seem to be popular. You'll find more info at <a href="http://www.imearthkind.com" target="_blank">www.imearthkind.com</a><br><br><br><br>
However, I personally prefer homemade cheezes to store-bought ones.</b></div>
</div>
<br>
Thanks for that link. I will ask my local co-op to carry it.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I never much liked milk-based American singles, so Soymage's version was a step down from there for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts