VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello all, my name is Alex. I am 26 years old and from the beautiful Pacific Northwest (US). I have recently decided to give veganism a go once again. I tried it before a few years ago and I was actually very successful for a few months but, I didn't have the support that I craved and sadly I stopped. I believe everyone on the veggieboards can be my support.

I currently work as an echocardiographer (I do ultrasounds on people's hearts) and it has really opened my eyes to how eating affects us. Day in and day out I perform ultrasounds on people who are extremely overweight and dieing because they've chosen to eat a certain way. I feel like a total idiot to continue to eat the way that they do when I can see what will happen. I mean, I know it's not quite that simple but, yeah. I've read plenty on how eating a diet with meats, dairy, and eggs is so incredibly detrimental to your health coupled with the fact that it is so cruel to other living beings and totally unnecessary I just can't go with the "norm" anymore!! I hate the corporate, commercialized world...

Anywho...sorry about the rant. Long story short, I just want a group of cool people to talk to about being a vegan and all that it entails.
Feel free to say hi anytime!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Hi! It must be hard to work with people that you know won't change - but this way you can be a great example to them! Well done.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB Alex!
I'm a medical transcriber. I type up the doctors' reports on those echoes you do.

(well, not those specific ONES you do, but you get the idea...)

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Hi! Glad you are here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for welcoming me to VB! I've been searching through this thing for hours getting great input on being vegan!

Oh, and jeezycreezy, Barbie is on a green tiger (who is actually Cringer...you know, the alter-ego of Battlecat...from He-Man) because it made for a funny picture. Or, perhaps it's because Barbie is now such a good friend to the animals...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwithaheart View Post

Barbie is on a green tiger (who is actually Cringer
Oh my! Lucky Cringer.

And, yeah. Dude. By the power of Greyskull, I can honestly say I haven't thought about Cringer for decades. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the boards, Alex!
I can only imagine how much of an eye-opener your career is! And you are right about support - that's what we're here for, to help each other.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:

Hello all, my name is Alex. I am 26 years old and from the beautiful Pacific Northwest (US). I have recently decided to give veganism a go once again.

I tried it before a few years ago and I was actually very successful for a few months but, I didn't have the support that I craved and sadly I stopped. I believe everyone on the veggieboards can be my support.

I've read plenty on how eating a diet with meats, dairy, and eggs is so incredibly detrimental to your health coupled with the fact that it is so cruel to other living beings and totally unnecessary I just can't go with the "norm" anymore!! I hate the corporate, commercialized world...

Anywho...sorry about the rant. Long story short, I just want a group of cool people to talk to about being a vegan and all that it entails.
Feel free to say hi anytime!
3 weeks to a month roughly is it now for you, 3 weeks or so for me to notice your presence or otherwise here anyway, hello.... ME, I hate the corporate, commercialized world TOO...

And now it is totally necessary you became VEGAN (again)
.....a naughty vegan it seems I'm suggesting, LOL

How's life in the US Pacific NorthWest, are you just gonna tell us being from there is: beautiful? and leave it at that?
?? I guess that will do, you're talking Oregon are you as the place you're from?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Quote:

I currently work as an echocardiographer (I do ultrasounds on people's hearts) and it has really opened my eyes to how eating affects us.
How cool! And hello

Question - can you say something about people's heart conditions improving through therapy, diet, drugs, and/or exercise? I've spoken with a cardiologist who stated, for example, that calcification or other arterial blockages cannot be reversed. What's your take?

Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts