VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have avocado and Tesco vegan salad cream and a bit of salad.

Or Scheese and lettuce and salad cream.

Or Tofutti cream cheese and Branston sandwich pickle.

Or Marmite and tofu.

Pease pudding and salad and Plamil mayo

Instead of sandwiches sometimes I have leftover cold pasta with a load of stuff chucked in on top(like sundried tomatoes, mayo)

·
Registered
0 Posts
hummus is good in a sandwich. if you have a sandwich maker, it can be like. experimentation time hey? ummmm, also, try like, veggies with hummus and soy mayonaise mixed with like, nutrtional yeast/other spices? pickles and olives. mmmm. also, (this is best in a hot type of sandwich) some tomato sauce/paste (or whatever?!) and a bit of tahini and nutritional yeast. yes. experiment!
!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I like to coat thin slices of tofu with a nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt mix and then fry until crispy, put on a bun with sprouts and mustard... mmmmmmm... you can also coat the tofu with curry powder... tastes good hot or cold

-emily

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thalia

I like to grill some tofu and then mix it with some traditional deli sandwhich things like pickles, tomato, lettuuce, and onion.
YUM!!!

That is a favorite of mine as well

·
Registered
0 Posts
Another vote for falafel made from Fantastic Foods! Also, if you don't already have it, check out Vegan Vittles by Joanne Stepaniak. It has several good vegan sandwich ideas.

Good luck sandwichin'!

·
Registered
0 Posts
i know this thread is ancient, but i am new here and thought i'd post this recipe b/c it's my absolute favorite sandwich spread...

there isn't really a recipe, i make it from memory. and the amounts i vary according to taste... to account for different sizes of vegetables. i LOVE this. it involves lots of chopping though.

tofu-cucumber salad recipe

1 package of water packed extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled

2-3 cucumbers, diced

3-4 green onions, diced (to taste)

2-3 carrots, diced

1/2 bunch parsley, chopped finely (to taste)

2-3 tbsp vegesal (to taste)

2-3 tbsp fat free nayo (to sandwich spread consistency)

(and add any other fresh herbs if you have them)

put the tofu in a bowl, and mix it with the cucumbers, green onions, carrots, and parsley. then add the nayo and on top of that, the vegesal, and stir that in to the tofu mixture until it is thoroughly mixed and has a spreadable consistency. keeps well in the fridge for about 3 days.

this is great spread on whole wheat bread. it's also good as a dip with crackers, if you add a bit more nayo to make it creamier.

it tastes best with vegetables fresh from the garden (but then, what doesn't?). but it's still really good in the winter...

even my non-veg dad and grandfather, who don't like tofu, like this spread (it helps to call it 'cucumber salad' and leave the word 'tofu' out of it when serving it to people who are scared of tofu)!

~elizabeth

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ciabatta with avocado and sun dried tomato.....yummy! I guess you could add other salad items too but it's great with just the avocado & tomato

·
Registered
0 Posts
wow, i feel proud....heheheeee

i had one for breakfast this morning....mmmmm! i have developed a technique for eating them but i wont bore you with it ;-)

·
Registered
0 Posts
sometimes i make this kind of tofu spread where you mash soft tofu, add vegenaise and olive oil or vegan yogurt and then celery, or radishes or onions and then a touch of soy sauce and a touch of nutritional yeast. ah yes, also, toasted chopped almonds and raisins if you lean that way...hey i need to go to the store and buy a few items tomorrow...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts