VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be taking a day trip to NYC at the end of April, and I'd like to eat at a vegan restaurant for lunch and/or dinner. Any recommendations? Please keep in mind that I'm a "broke college student," so no super upscale gourmet restaurants, please.
Vegetarian restaurants are okay if they have a decent selection of vegan food, but obviously not preferred. Bonus points if it's a raw food restaurant.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's my favorite:

Candle 79: 154 East 79th Street near Lexington Avenue, New York, New York 10021 Phone (212) 537-7179

Monday - Saturday Lunch 12:00pm - 3:30pm Dinner 5:30pm - 10:30pm | Sunday Brunch 12:00pm - 4:00pm Dinner 5:00pm - 10:00pm

It is great and TOTALLY VEGAN!! They have a mexican chocolate cake (think that's the name) with chocolate topping and a vegan ice cream that is to die for. Absolutely horribly decadent. My husband loved the food, and he's an omni. They also have another location called Candle cafe that has more casual food and is the original site. Here's the web

As far as price -- it's pretty affordable, based on NYC standards.

http://www.candlecafe.com

Have a great time in NYC. It's one of my favorite cities.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Red Bamboo! Not sure if it's *all* vegan, but it's amazing anyway.

You can also eat dollar tacos at Fresco Tortillas. The black beans are veggie. You can get their soft tacos they make there, they're really good. The hardshell ones with no cheese would be vegan. You can get really full for under $4. They have places all over the city.

In Little Italy, the angel hair pasta is vegan, just get it with garlic and oil and veggies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts