VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, so sorry if not.

In the August issue of Self magazine there is a feature about having healthy cocktail parties, and it has a bunch of recipes that celebrities supposedly serve at their soirees. There is a drink called Fresh Peach Fizz with Mint that it says is served by Alicia Silverstone. It states that "Silverstone, who follows an organic vegan diet, sips this nutritious elixir which personal chef and friend Lesa Carlson mixes for many of the star's private affairs."

Then it goes on to the recipe, in which is included:

2 tbsp honey (or more, to taste)

I realize that the inclusion of honey in a vegan diet is often debated, but what do you guys think of this? I consider myself vegan and I do not include honey in my diet, and I think that although this magazine is obviously not trying to define veganism, it could be a problem. What if an unknowing friend of mine saw this article, noticed that it basically dubbed this recipe vegan, and served me this drink at a party?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wrote them. Self is my favorite magazine, and I hope they listen to us. Of course it's great for veganism to get press, but in my opinion, it should at least be accurate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts