VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm new here; but i'm not new to being a vegan. I just wanted to know did yall also become vegan for animal rights or was it for something else?

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Definitely for animal rights - although I didn't really have a full appreciation of what the term meant when I first decided to go vegan. The concept of animal rights has really grown on me since I changed my lifestyle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too it's that one of my teachers was vegan but he did it for health reasons (he's a health nut) but he didn't pay attention to what sugars he ate so i guess he didn't care for animals

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well at least you don't consume animal products. So your still helping animals. And i bet you do care about animals if you have a pet. I mean companion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When i became vegetarian many years ago it was for no particular reason. Only decided to become vegan earlier this year because of animal cruelty and I wish I had done this a long time ago!

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Animal rights and welcome to the boards.
The health and environmental benefits are a bonus.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggs8507 View Post

What exactly does a strict vegetarian mean? This term confuses me.
The definition varies, but most commonly I see it described as someone who eats like a vegan but in other aspects of their life they have not given up all animal products.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicvegan View Post

Me too it's that one of my teachers was vegan but he did it for health reasons (he's a health nut) but he didn't pay attention to what sugars he ate so i guess he didn't care for animals
You mean the bone char sugar issue? I'd call that a gray area. There's been a lot of discussion on this topic lately, and it seems there are plenty of people who care about animals but don't necessarily exclude bone char sugar (myself included).

·
Registered
824 Posts
Animals rights number one and then health followed years later.

·
Registered
89 Posts
*Gasp* You're gothic Vegan? Marry me right now. But um yes, I became Vegan for the animals.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hello and welcome to Veggieboards, gothicvegan.

I became vegan almost 15 years ago, mainly out of concern for animals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts