VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's more golden brown than this ugly flash shows.

And it's so moist!

This is the recipe I used minus the nutmeg and walnuts.

But I'm not sure if I should put it in the fridge or leave it out over night.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
congrats! looks great~

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Jo- just out of curiosity, why did you leave the nutmeg out? Loves me some good nutmeg

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Congrats! It's the pumpkin bread time of year.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

Jo- just out of curiosity, why did you leave the nutmeg out? Loves me some good nutmeg
I didn't leave it our per se; I just didn't have any on hand and none of the bodegas or convenience stores in my neighborhood sold it.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
gotcha!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
good to know!

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
It looks like the recipe calls for a lot of sugar, so I'm guessing this is more like a pumpkin cake than a traditional quick bread? I just printed it out...gonna make this weekend.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
JoB, I made this yesterday (followed the recipe using pecans instead of walnuts) and it came out really good! I love the taste/texture and so did the hubby's family. I also love that you get two loaves. Mine didn't rise like yours did, but it's a small price to pay for how good this pumpkin bread is! Can't wait to bring the second loaf to work today and share with my work peeps. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I'm making this now....will report back later

wow....that was a lot of sugar!!!! Guess most of it is going in to wk!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

JoB, I made this yesterday (followed the recipe using pecans instead of walnuts) and it came out really good! I love the taste/texture and so did the hubby's family. I also love that you get two loaves. Mine didn't rise like yours did, but it's a small price to pay for how good this pumpkin bread is! Can't wait to bring the second loaf to work today and share with my work peeps. Thanks!
Glad it worked out! It is very delicious!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts