VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as vegan probiotic?

If yes, what is the brand name please?

Thank you

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Yes, they exist. First, you can eat vegan yogurt that contains probiotics. I've seen vegan yogurt made from soy, coconut milk, or almond milk - all of which have probiotics. I've seen these products in abundance at Whole Foods and sometimes elswhere as well. That's what I eat if I feel I need some probiotics.

But if you just look around you can also find them as supplements. I'm not sure how well they work, but VegLife (vegan company) makes two kinds of vegan probiotic supplements: FOS-idophilus and Belly Flora. There are others available too. Just google it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, for sure!! As ElaineV said, there are lots of vegan yogurts - but not all of them have probiotics, so look for 'live culture' on the container.

My favorite probiotics are a liquid called Essential Probiotics (they sell it on Amazon now, used to be really hard to find) that I add to smoothies, and a capsule from ReNew Life called Ultimate Flora. You can usually find ReNew Life in the supplement section of grocery or health food stores, or you can order from their site directly.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I've used Good Belly in the past and liked it. It's dairy-free, soy-free, AND vegan.

I used to take the 'shots', but now it looks like they have vegan probiotic shakes and juice blends too. I've seen them sold at Whole Foods.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone. Sadly we are lacking good vegan yoghurts and some supplements in Australia and don't have anything like your Whole Foods store.

I will google your suggestions and see if I can have them shipped in.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Is anything fermented probiotic?
How about miso? or tempeh?

Are there differences in what to take when taking antibiotics?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Homemade sauerkraut is a great source of probiotics.
I recently got addicted to this stuff cuz I love the taste. I'd really like to try and make it myself sometime. I made vegan grilled cheese the other night for my gf and I cuz I was having a lil' craving (I don't eat these often) and I put sauerkraut and daiya in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts