VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has any good vegan panini recipes? I know this might sound sort of picky but I don't like peppers or vegan cheese so I would prefer recipes without them in it.

I am trying to work on one with cuban flavors using tofu & plantains but I have not quite gotten it right.

·
Plant Powered
439 Posts
You could start with some thinly sliced smoked tofu, tempeh, or veggie ham, then add some micro greens or spinach. In place of cheese you could use other savoury items like grilled onions or mushrooms, grilled eggplant, and/or maybe a few slices of avocado or some hummus for some creaminess.

I bet you could even do a fun grilled PB & J - mmmm melty peanut butter is so yummy LOL

Now I want to make paninis LOL

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
tempeh, thin sliced, sauteed in a marinade of liquid smoke, water, a bit of Braggs and a touch of maple syrup.
vegan mayo, ketchup, pickle relish spread on dark rye,
sauerkraut and while I like a sprinkle of vegan mozzerella on it to melt, you can also use nooch

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you could make a Cuban spiced black bean paste using seasonings found in black beans and rice, which would spread thinly and add a nice soft textural element. I'm into making sandwich spreads at the moment.
I am sort of thinking about more sandwiches right now too. The weather is getting hot and I am trying to get ahead of it by looking into quicker less labor intensive meals. I like the Cuban sandwich idea. Maybe some oranges would go good with the beans. I have a cuban rice recipe with oranges that has nice flavors.

Thank you everyone for the ideas! I am thinking about it differently and I needed that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts