VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lazy. I don't want to make my own. I want to take them out of the freezer and stick em in the microwave. Does anyone know of any magically vegan brands of frozen pancakes?

·
Registered
152 Posts
frozen..pancakes. they sell those? i've never even heard of em, except you know just freezing the homemade ones. *mind boggles*

so obviously idunno this for sure, but there is a brand named Vans that has vegan waffles, so maybe they'd do pancakes too?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Wow... I've never heard of frozen pancakes at all. And wouldn't they be nasty and soggy if you microwaved them? What about a vegan pancake mix where you just added soy milk or something? Or are you avoiding the whole flipping bit? But really, I can make them from scratch in about 5-10 minutes or so -- they're not all high maintenance like waffles.

Well, good luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm not sure if there are any frozen vegan pancakes, but for you guys that never heard of frozen pancakes, they exist!
Kelloggs makes some I think.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
you could make up a batch and freeze them yourself, between layers of waxed paper, and wrapped in plastic wrap. then you could just stick 'em in the toaster to heat them and crisp them up. you'd only have to cook pancakes once, and have enough for several breakfasts stored.

*disclaimer: i've never actually tried this. attempt at own risk.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've never seen frozen vegan pancakes....but if you do decide to make them, I've found the quickest way by far is to just use Bisquick mix with Ener-G egg replacer & rice milk. They come out really good. By the way, I'm lazy, too

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Egg and milk in pancakes???

I must have a weird recipe then. All mine needs is flour, oil, water, baking powder and vanilla. Well, powdered soy milk (optional), although I've never put it in (can't ever get any).

Well, I guess the milk isn't that strange then... but why egg?

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
it just so happens that I've been looking for a quick easy and super-yummy uber-healthy pancake recipe. Anybody have a favorite they could post?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WonderRandy

it just so happens that I've been looking for a quick easy and super-yummy uber-healthy pancake recipe. Anybody have a favorite they could post?
I don't think you'd like the way mine works...

Basically, put "enough" flour into a bowl, then some sugar (not much), some salt, some baking powder, a little oil, and enough soy milk to make it the right consistency.
I think this only satisfies the super-yummy requirement -- you're on your own for uber-healthy.

Who needs measurements?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
i always add alittle maple syrup to the batter.. it makes then super yummy!

i have had very good organic frozen belgium waffles before; however, they stopped selling them here. i do not know the name anymore. it was a long time ago. i am almost certain they were vegan.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Well if you'd like actual measurements, mine has this:

1 1/4 cups Whole Wheat or White Flour (or mixture)

1/3 cups dry soy milk (optional)

3 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (optional)

2-3 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1-1 1/2 cups water

2 tablespoons oil

1-2 teaspoons vanilla or lemon juice or other juice

Of course water amounts depend on what type of flour, dry soy milk, and flaxseed... so it's kind of a guessing game for it (although if it's too runny, you could always add more flour).

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Man, pancakes are the easiest tastiest funnest recipe around, and you get to eat the batter while making (yum)

Don't biscuik have whey or egg in the mix? I thought I saw that on the box

I make a faux-biscuik pancakes, good and dense!

1/2 cup white flour

1/2 cup cornmeal

2 tbap baking powder

1/2-1 tsp salt

tbsp? sugar

mix with 1 cup soymilk and 1/2 banana blended in blender, then add water until the consistancy is *just right*

or, try these whole meal pancakes

1/3 cup wwheat flour

1/3 cup rye flour (or ww)

1/3 cup cornmeal

2 tbap baking powder

1/2-1 tsp salt

tbsp? sugar

mix with 1 cup soymilk and 1/2 banana blended in blender, then add water until the consistancy is *just right*

Anyway, I like them both. Iuse this log cabin lite syrup now (my sister got me hooked on it, but my fav is "daddy bucks" but we can only get it when my dad drives to alabama. So I either use the crap immitation from the store or the lite log cabin, the maple I have is moldy and tastes funky, adn it is too expensive to buy more. The only downside to lite log cabin is I think it makes me naseous after eating it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Keegan: the lite log cabin syrup contains artificial sweetener which could be the reason you feel nauseous after eating it. avoid it and just use sugar to make syrup or just use all-fruit jam mixed with some hot water to make your own fruit syrup!

·
Registered
0 Posts
flaxjacks:

1 C wh wheat pastry flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1 TBSP (i use more than this) ground flax meal

1/4 C water

3/4 C soy milk

1 TBSP canola oil

1TBSP of any kind of sweetner

1/2 tsp vanilla

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Some recipes are pretty much the same just different amounts of the stuff.

Kind of like my bread, bun & pizza crust recipe, it's identical (on paper at least).

·
Registered
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Keegan

Don't biscuik have whey or egg in the mix? I thought I saw that on the box
The regular mix (the one you're supposed to add milk & eggs to, not the one you just add water) is vegan. I don't have a box now so I can't list the ingredients, but I'm pretty sure I read the ingredients list at least 3 times because I was surprised that it was vegan.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts