VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know NYC is awash with great vegan restaurants. And on my next trip I plan to visit many of them. However... it seems 90% of them are south of 14th...

And I'm planning on doing a visit to the MoMa and The Natural History Museum and I'm struggling to find places nearby both of those Museums to grab a bite.

Any advice?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been to the MoMA a few times before, and I'm pretty sure they have a few vegan things in their cafe. However, everything is in extremely tiny portions and extremely overpriced. Plus, it's nothing very substantial. I brought my own lunch in and nobody seemed to mind me eating it there. If it's possible, you might want to consider at least bringing a few small things in case you can't find much there.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Zen Palate is within walking distance of the MoMA. They have a website: www.zenpalate.com. I've been here just a couple of times, but each visit was delicious.

Candle Cafe, the darling of veg restaurants, it would seem (everyone loves it, except me
) would be a bit of a walk, but not bad if it were a nice day.

www.candlecafe.com

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to their website ZP closed their one in the upper east side. Doh! Which one is close to the Moma the one on 9th?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
663 Ninth Ave. (at 46th St)

This one is like 1/2 mile from the museum. The neighborhood's pretty interesting, if a bit yuppified, but it's been 2 years since I was there, so it may have changed.

I ate vegetarian in the Nat. History Museum, but that was very long ago, so I'm not sure how friendly there are. I'd bet though that it is muy expensive.

Have you been to either of these places before? NYC is one of my favorite places to visit.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Unlike other parts of the world, I've found that you can find a veg*n meal just about anywhere in NYC, even if it isn't a veg*n specific restaurant. Could always just hop on the 5th ave bus downtown if you wanted to check out restaurants around that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts