VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm currently taking the Seven Seas vegan multivitamin however it tastes like sh... you know.

Do you have any suggestions for a better tasting one?

Also, it only has 100% of the RDA of B12 and I often forget to take it! Perhaps one that has a little more of the B12? Or should I keep a separate B12 pill to overdose to make up for skipped days?

I'm currently living in Trinidad so the usual stuff isn't available in the stores and there is absolutely no fortified foods available. I'm going to Houston next week (and I go back every couple of months) and can buy the vitamins to bring back.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
I'm currently trying the VegLife Vegan One Multiple (ordered it online from Vegan Essentials.) It's in tablet form, so there's really no taste to contend with. Just swallow one with water.

• A, D2, iron- 100%
  • C, E- 333%
  • B6- 1250%
  • B2- 1471%
  • B1, B12- 1667%

A lot of other nutrients too. This is only a partial list.

It's intended as a daily supplement, but I generally take one about every third day, and it keeps me feeling pretty good. So far, so good.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Capstan, that sounds perfect for forgetful me.

The Seven Seas is also a tablet but it has this nasty taste that stays in the mouth after you have swallowed the pill with water. I read on one Amazon review for VegLife Vegan One that "they don't taste so good" - do you notice anything?

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
All pills taste nasty to me. The trick is to swallow it quickly. I also find it useful to clense my palate afterward with some cream soda.
:lick:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I take the VegLife as well and also the MegaFood Vegan Protect

I love the MegaFood line but it's much more expensive than the VegLife

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone tried the Deva Multi? I'm particularly interested in the mini tablets. They also seem pretty cheap compared to all the others.

The Vitamin Code Men Raw One is a bit pricy but may be an option since it's a capsule...

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I did like Deva Tiny Tablets! I got them from amazon.com at a very good price. They are tiny, no taste, and don't overdue anything.

I now just take Deva calcium, mag, and D (complex) again from amazon.

And...Deva B12 about 3x's a week

·
Registered
8 Posts
I take the MegaFood Vegan Daily and I have to say I absolutely love it. The "vitamin guy" at whole foods told me that they source local produce to make their vitamins and are non gmo. I've never had such good results with a vitamin before. It's quite expensive, but in my opinion it's worth the money.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered the Deva - both small and large. I figure I can take the small every day and when I forget, I can take a large the day after. The main driver is their easy availability on Amazon and Prime means they will be delivered on Monday to my desk in Houston.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I don't take a multivitamin, as I've read evidence that taking vitamins in isolate form is not as beneficial for the body. The only supplement that I take is B12 and that's the Deva B12 sublingual (nice lemon flavor). I'm still continuing my research on supplements, though, so I haven't completely ruled them out.

Aristede
:book:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys. I'm currently taking the Seven Seas vegan multivitamin however it tastes like sh... you know.

Do you have any suggestions for a better tasting one?

Also, it only has 100% of the RDA of B12 and I often forget to take it! Perhaps one that has a little more of the B12? Or should I keep a separate B12 pill to overdose to make up for skipped days?

I'm currently living in Trinidad so the usual stuff isn't available in the stores and there is absolutely no fortified foods available. I'm going to Houston next week (and I go back every couple of months) and can buy the vitamins to bring back.
I have been using Nutrazee Multigreen and reds multivitamin tablet which is 100% vegan https://nutrazee.com/products/nutrazee-multi-greens-reds-multivitamin-60-vegan-tablets
Satisfied with the product.
They also offer Multivitamin gummies for kids https://nutrazee.com/products/nutrazee-multivitamin-gummies-for-kids-adults-45-gummies
which are equally good.
Please know these are only available in India.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anthony Constantinou | Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX says Follow a few sensible rules to lose weight on a vegan diet:

1) No or low fat
2) No or few refined flour products
3) Minimal use of sugar

You just need to eat healthy and exercise to lose weight. Add some healthy food products, which do not contain isolated nutrients, like soy protein or fiber, to boost your nutrient profile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts