VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing pretty well with not craving non-vegan foods the past couple of weeks (I have zero desire to eat cheese for example, which surprises me), but I do miss milk chocolate a little. Are there any good mock versions out there? I've seen rice milk chocolate -- does it taste similar?

TIA

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Oh yes, I tasted this chocolate just a little while ago, and it was excellent, I recommend it and award it with the Sevenseas Seal of Chocolaty Excellence label:

eta: that's Bonvita rice milk chocolate

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
When it comes to Chocolate Vegan milk I tend to go to the traditional soy. However, I need to try rice and almond milk that is choclate also.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Or wait, are you talking about any vegan chocolate in general, or white chocolate in specific? Because the one above is a white chocolate. If you just want any non-dark good vegan chocolate, you could go with Plamil too, or the other flavors from the same brand as that white chocolate above.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love white AND milk. (And dark, for that matter, but that's easy to find vegan.) Thanks guys

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Chocolate made from rice milk is a really good milk chocolate alternative. A brand my grocery store carries is called boom choco boom but I know there are many others. Many semi-sweet chocolates (such as semi-sweet chocolate chips or baking bars) are often vegan too. These are vegan versions of candy bars much like snickers, milky way, 3 musketeers and more: http://www.gomaxgofoods.com/products-01.htm You might be able to find them at your nearest health/whole foods stores. They're a rare treat for us.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Enjoy Life makes a good nondairy milk chocolate bar.
Rice Dream makes a good one too.
I don't like the Terranova ricemilk chocolate though, which is just as well because it's very expensive.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Terra Nostra ricemilk chocolate, it's super creamy!

Also, I recently discovered a line of rice milk candy bars that mimic regular ones (Mars, Snickers, etc.) They are so good!

http://gomaxgofoods.com/products.htm Behold and drool! The Jokerz bars are my favourite

Attachment 14782
LL

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
^^ I second (third?) the ones Rhys and Werewolf Girl posted! They really are just like the non-vegan originals!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I agree with werewolf girl
cost a fair bit but they're brilliant, really the only thing like that on the market - lots of chocolate bars but next to none of the mars/snickets/etc varitey (I didn't know how to describe them, but yknow what I mean!). I also like dairy-free http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/6/xpi65244136.htm (that's white chocolate button, they also do milk chocolate, and milk chocolate bars/etc, but it was the only link I could easily find), especially as they're sold in UK supermarkets so they're easy to get to, really yummy, and they tend to be what I buy if I want some milk like chocolate.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys are awesome, thanks for all the great suggestions. I am totally going on a chocolate spree

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I'm a big fan of the Terra Nostra ricemilk chocolate, it's super creamy!

Also, I recently discovered a line of rice milk candy bars that mimic regular ones (Mars, Snickers, etc.) They are so good!

http://gomaxgofoods.com/products.htm Behold and drool! The Jokerz bars are my favourite

Attachment 14782
I bloody love those Twilight bars. Unfortunately they only are available online and are £1.75 each =( reserved for xmas and birthdays!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think when I first turned vegan, I was eating so healthy. Then, thanks to you guys, I have discovered all the vegan junk food!! lol so dangerous.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Oh yes, I tasted this chocolate just a little while ago, and it was excellent, I recommend it and award it with the Sevenseas Seal of Chocolaty Excellence label:

eta: that's Bonvita rice milk chocolate
Do you live in the UK? That looks tasty, wonder if any UK store stocks them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.