VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if any regular store brands are vegan? It would be so nice to know of something that I could just run in and buy when I need it and not have to always spend lots of time searching and ordering and waiting for products online.

Thanks so much!

Mac

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont know of any, but Im still in the transition process. However, if you go to PeTA's web page, you will find a list of products that are vegan I think. Do you not have a health food store close by? Mine carries a line of vegan no cruelty make up that I cant wait to try. Good luck in you search!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleigh View Post

http://www.caringconsumer.com/pdfs/c...esDontTest.pdf

^^^^ I think this is a list that doesn't have animal testing. However, Im not sure if they are vegan. Its a start though!
Companies marked with an asterisk (*) make or sell strictly vegan products, so the list can be helpful.

I don't know of any major brands of cosmetics are vegan ... but that doesn't mean that there isn't one out there.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I love all of the Kiss My Face stuff and we have a local store that carries the full line. It's all vegan except the stuff that says honey or beeswax. They don't test and use organic ingredients. It's soooo good for your skin. Just try and find a health food store and they'll probably have what you want for those times you want to pick up some cute new gloss

As for regular store brands... I don't rememeber any being vegan in all my research

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the ideas. I know about the PETA list. It's just so long that I haven't had time to go all the way through it, yet.

I was also interested in finding some kind of vegan makeup remover. The kind I use currently - you just wipe it on your face and rub it off with a Kleenex. I want something like that. The one I have is definitely not vegan. I have looked online and have had problems trying to find something.

I'm also interested in finding a vegan moisturizer and eye cream, both with SPF 30.

Also curious about any anti-aging vegan products. I have been using Perfectionist Serum from Estee Lauder and it does amazing things to cover up laugh lines. I think collagen is not vegan, though, and that is in there. I would love to find a comparable vegan product.

Anyway, all ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the ideas. I know about the PETA list. It's just so long that I haven't had time to go all the way through it, yet.

I was also interested in finding some kind of vegan makeup remover. The kind I use currently - you just wipe it on your face and rub it off with a Kleenex. I want something like that. The one I have is definitely not vegan. I have looked online and have had problems trying to find something.

I'm also interested in finding a vegan moisturizer and eye cream, both with SPF 30.

Also curious about any anti-aging vegan products. I have been using Perfectionist Serum from Estee Lauder and it does amazing things to cover up laugh lines. I think collagen is not vegan, though, and that is in there. I would love to find a comparable vegan product.

Anyway, all ideas would be appreciated. - I hope this doesn't double-post. I had a computer problem.

Thanks.

11,550 Posts
quite a lot of urban decays' stuff is vegan- its marked on the packaging by a purple pawprint. its also listed all in one place on their website for easy access:

http://www.urbandecay.com/vegan.cfm

similarly hard candy has some vegan stuff, shown here:

http://www.hardcandy.com/searchResults.cfm?q=vegan

its not super cheap stuff (its cheaper for you if you can persuade someone else to pay for it, lol) but the colours are really cool, and the quality isn't that bad either.

if you're in the states or canada, you can get urban decay and hard candy products in sephora, if you're in the uk, its in big department stores and larger branches of boots. i don't know where you'd find it in other countries, but i bet it'd not be too hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

I would think that non-vegans would be horrified if they knew what some of this stuff is. Problem is that most people don't question things that closely.

Mac

·
Registered
6 Posts
for skincare check out lush. not all of their stuff is vegan but about 75% is and the staff really know their stuff (or are supposed to). they definitely have cleansers and facecreams that are vegan.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleigh View Post

I dont know of any, but Im still in the transition process. However, if you go to PeTA's web page, you will find a list of products that are vegan I think. Do you not have a health food store close by? Mine carries a line of vegan no cruelty make up that I cant wait to try. Good luck in you search!
Just a quick word of warning - PETA's list includes some products that are not actually vegan. They include products on their list that are "close enough" so as not to scare off potential-transitioning vegans. If you're very serious about not having even the littlest bit of animal products in your products, I'd suggest finding another way than through their list. As for how to do that, I'm not sure. I'm still ordering things online

·
Registered
1 Posts
Niether Almay nor Revlon do animal testing, but they apparently do include animal ingredients. Physicians Formula says it doesn't do animal testing, and many of their ingredients are minerals. They don't claim to be vegan, though.

My experience is that the big name cosmetics companies just don't get it, don't understand the importance of being vegan, and can make a profit without a vegan commitment. They're making enough money without being cruelty-free.

You can find Kiss My Face and Aubrey Organics shampoos and lotions and the like at health food stores, but I've had trouble finding makeup. So, I order on line. I buy nearly everything from Beauty Without Cruelty. I use their makeup remover, their cleanser, under eye lotion, sunscreen lotion, foundation, blush, and concealer. I like their commitment to being cruelty-free and their fixed cut-off date. Also, compared to Arbonne and others, they're pretty reasonably priced, and available at lots of sites on the 'net, so you can often find their stuff at sale prices.

But, if I find myself in a bind, and have to run to the store, I buy Almay, because from what I can tell, they're as close as you're going to find to vegan in the average drugstore or cosmetic dept.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts