VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mentioned thsis before, but I wanted to mention it again. A great exercise program is to study Shao-Lin Kung Fu. Not only is it great exercise, but it also teaces you an invaluable skill. It focuses on longevity of the body and a balance between hard and soft energies.

Master Sharon Soard and Master David Soard are both vegan and promote a vegan lifestyle in their school. Many of the instructors are vegan. They have 16 schools around the US. You can check out there website at www.Shao-lin.com. I am a student of theirs and I can say they are awesome. No pressure, very laid back atmosphere. Not the typical highly competitive martial arts schools. The only person who will challange you is yourself.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My dad is a Kung Fu master and teaches it too, but he eats tons of meat and does not grasp the concept of veganism at all "Natalie want some ice cream?"

I have never heard of Shao-Lin Kung Fu though, sounds very interesting!

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliex1122 View Post

My dad is a Kung Fu master and teaches it too, but he eats tons of meat and does not grasp the concept of veganism at all "Natalie want some ice cream?"

I have never heard of Shao-Lin Kung Fu though, sounds very interesting!
The TV show Kung Fu was based on Shao-lin Kung Fu. Maybe you are too young to know what that is. LOL

Where does your father teach?

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazvegan View Post

Hi - This sounds interesting - If u have a dvd of some examples I would be keen to see if it would be suitable to be shown on VeggieVision.com

I am just letting people know about their schools. You would need to contact them for any media they might have.

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
this is something i've considered. there are only tai chi and karate schools in my town though, no kung fu as far as i know.

really i just want to learn it so i can be a better soccer player

hahaha.. ha... ha? anyone?

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
no it was a joke. there's a movie called Shaolin Soccer where kung fu masters form a team and apply their kung fu abilities to the sport. it's a really funny movie, you should check it out. it's by Stephen Chow who oddly enough became famous because he looks so much like Bruce Lee lol

·
Registered
10,766 Posts
Thanks for that LadyFaile, I will check out the movie on the internet!

And the nutrition of Bruce Lee. I guess he must have had a degree of ethical mind over food being how he was so philosophical etc... so it makes sense he would only eat meat sparingly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.