VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I visit these forums often but never decided to register until now.<br><br>
I live in a country where all male citizens have to go to the army and its my turn. I wish I had the freedom to choose not to go but that's not how it works here.<br><br>
Anyway... we'll be working out a lot. Like from 6 in the morning for many hours, in the sun. It's going to be intense.<br><br>
I wonder how am I going to restore my 'fuel' with what foods are available to me. The only vegan foods that I can think of that are really complete and healing to the body is brown rice. I am aware of hemp protein and all that but I have no luxury, or access to any of that here. And with brown rice, its something that needs time to cook and time is another luxury that I don't have. So I've been thinking that during my exessive work out I'll eat some egg, which is a non vegan food I feel is 'complete.' Of course I know its not better than vegan alternatives but its quick and easy to prepare and its got a lot of things that the body will use especially after intense exercise.<br><br>
I really don't know. Any ideas from fellow vegans?

·
Registered
824 Posts
There should be quick cook brown rice. Maybe you loose a little nutrition, but the cooking time is cut dramatically.<br><br>
Tinned beans are your friends too, and don't require too much cooking time. I'd encourage you to avoid the eggs, since plenty of other foods will provide protein (and most of the healthy people here will tell you excessive protein isn't really needed for muscle building).<br><br>
But there are plenty of alternatives to cruelty, and Google is your friend in finding body builder diets, etc that can be adapted to your needs/locale. Good luck.<br><br>
PS. I think this might be better placed in another forum? Mods can move it...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Eat quinoa. It is quick and easy, and a complete protein. You can make a huge batch one night and just keep it in the fridge during the week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts