VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

My name is Jenna and I am happy to find a place to learn more about the different aspects of being Vegan. I have made the lifestyle change a month ago and I am LOVING it! It has really improved my mental and physical overall health! I am so happy I finally made the change. I still have a lot to learn and occasionally find myself disappointed when I realize I ate some trace animal product in what I thought was a Vegan meal, but I am getting better at it.

The switch to Veganism has been joined by my wonderful partner
And it's really helping her a lot, too! She is lactose intolerant, and it seems like meat was not doing her any good either. She is eating more than I ever thought I'd see her eat and really doing great.

My dogs are also Vegan and were always fed top quality natural foods and lots of raw. My cats are not Vegan yet, but when their food runs out I am researching Vegan alternatives for cats, whom I realize are definitely meat-eaters, even more so than dogs.

We also eat as much organic foods as possible. I am blessed that there are several great sources for organic and Vegan foods within a few miles of my house.

We live in Clearwater, Florida with three dogs, three cats, and a few fish.

Well, that's all for now I think
I look forward to joining in the fun!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Jenna!

Im new to Veganism, but am loving it!

I didnt eat wheat or dairy much anyway, as it upset my stomach too. I can tell a noticeable difference in my hair and skin (and body of course) since making the switch.

Thats awesome that your partner is on board with you! I too get frustrated when I realize Ive eaten something not vegan, but I am hoping I will get better with time!

Im in Sarasota and Ive heard theres a great Vegan restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, but havent made it in myself. Sublime I believe its called.

Sarah

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow you're not too far. I am just over the Skyway. Maybe we can get together one day and cook
My girl is a fantastic cook! She's awesome. She's always making us some wonderful Vegan treat. I myself do not know how to cook.

I am in Ft Launderdale/Miami area pretty often. I shall have to check this place out. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!
I am interested to see how Christmas Eve at the family's house goes... when I say no to grandma's eggs and the Publix meat platter (my family doesn't cook- we do a buffet style platter, so I can actually probably get away with not eating MUCH easier than those of you stuck sitting at a family dinner table)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts