VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halloween is coming up, and I thought it might be useful to know some vegan candies. Most of these are from the PETA website, others I found out on my own. Hope you find this helpful!

Airheads

Blow Pops

Dem Bones

Dots

Dum-Dums

Fireballs

Hot Tamales

Jolly Ranchers (lollipops and hard candy)

Jujubees

Jujyfruits

Mentos

Mike and Ike's

Now and Later

Pez

Ring Pop lollipops

Smarties (U.S. Brand)

Sour Patch Kids

Starburst (jelly beans and hard candy)

Swedish Fish

Sweet Tarts

Twizzlers

Please add to this any candy/treats you have found to be vegan!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Another option is something that my vegan sister is doing. She said she felt guilty "aiding childhood obesity" So she bought a bunch of stickers and glow in the dark bugs off of ebay for practically nothing and she's going to hand those out. It sounds like a good idea to me and I might do it too.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk0 View Post

Twizzlers are vegan? Cool. I took my daughter to a movie the other night and didn't get any candy, thinking they were all non-vegan.
They might be... Red #40 is charcoal-derived, I think. The issue would be if they contained carmine (cochineal).

·
Registered
344 Posts
Has anyone ever found any vegan candy corn? I found some without gelatin, but not without egg whites. Candy corn is my favorite halloween candy and I'd enjoy having it again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

That's weird.. last time I looked on a Twizzlers package, they weren't vegan.
I think they might have changed their recipe because my friends told me they are (now) vegan. The only candy I've been eating are Sour Patch Kids and I eat them VERY RARELY because the amount of sugar on those things burns my tongue when I go overboard and eat 10 in 3 minutes and then I can't taste anything all week. Ha.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I hope Twizzlers changed their recipe. I wanted some a few months back and they were not vegan at the time. I instead got some swedish fish!

HAHA! I know all about the sour patch kids killing the tastebuds!

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineLynn View Post

I found the ingredients:

Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Sugar and Less than 2% of Malic Acid, Egg Albumen, Sodium Alginate, Calcium Acetate, Mono- and Diglycerides, Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Carnauba Wax, Blue 1, Red 3, Red 40 Lake.

(Egg albumen is the dried whites of an egg)

http://www.amazon.com/Wonka-Taffy-Ch.../dp/B000E5ASFI
this kind appears to be vegan (barring glycerides)

http://www.amazon.com/Wonka-Taffy-Ap...0DER&s=grocery

the wider ones seem to have the egg, while the mini ones and the rope ones appear to be egg free.

<<<adores laffy taffy.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
re: Twizzlers. In the US, the "regular" kind are vegan, but the rope ones (Pull and Peel I think they're called) contain glycerin, which the company has failed to identify, as of last summer, as either animal or vegetable based.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.