VeggieBoards banner

Vegan Halloween Candy (A Big List)

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Bright Bird 
#1 ·
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-...lloween-candy/

I just found this great big list of tasty vegan candy and had to share! I'm getting excited for Halloween, I'm going candy shopping any day now. I'll definitely be getting a lot of the Go Max Go bars, I wish they had snack sized.

The stuff I'm getting is all for my friends to devour while watching horror movies though, I live in an apartment and we don't get kids trick or treating in the building. For those of you who do get trick or treaters, what kind of candy do you like to give out?

See less See more
#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I love going to the day after Halloween (or any other candy holiday) candy sales.
I've done this as well. I really shouldn't, but sometimes I can't help myself.

ETA: If I give out any candy this year, it'll probably be laffy taffys. They were really popular last year. It's funny to see the expressions on the kid's faces when you have something they really want.

#5 ·
Heres another link:
http://vegnews.com/web/articles/page...Id=995&catId=7

Found it searching GOMAXGO! Yea!!! How'd I miss those? Are they like milky ways, or 3muskateers?
Finally got unhooked from cheese's nasty grip, but gawd how I miss candy! all the random candy people approach me with on bad workdays.
I want it so badly as I say..."no thanks

Which one is like Milky Way? Any like Payday? Are they priced okay, like other candy?

I do have an easy recipe for vegan toffee:
Lay out saltines on a baking sheet.
Boil 1 cup Earth Balance with 1 cup sugar for 3-5 minutes
Pour over crackers and bake about 7 minutes in a 375 degree oven
Cover with vegan chocolate chips and spread when melted.

Haven't made that for a long time so I'm not sure how many crackers I used. Think enough to cover a 9x13 inch pan- have enough ready just in case!

Yeah, I'm craving candy!

#6 ·
Quote:

I love going to the day after Halloween (or any other candy holiday) candy sales.
You and I think a lot alike. You probably should be worried about that.

If I could, I'd hand out baseball cards or something like that. Such as it is, we get maybe 3-4 trick or treaters on hallowe'en. I usually go to my friend's house and hand out full sized candy bars.

#9 ·
Quote:

me too with a fistfull of coupons and leave with such sweet deals
...Yummy

thankies for sharing the list

Peace & Quiet Please

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

We're gonna give out sjaack's vegan peanut butter chocolate bites, smarties, and stickers.
Mmm, smarties were always my favorite to get from trick or treating when I was little.

Thanks for sharing the lists!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.