VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im a 25 year old vegan male and realized that i have not met any other vegan guys...ever.

I was wondering if there are any vegan men here, and how you find being a very small minority of a small minority of people.

Also, Im dating a omni girl and wonder how your experiences are with dating or marrying woman that are omni, while you are a vegan.

Id like to hear of your experiences.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
There are definitely plenty of us here on VB.

I haven't dated an omni since going vegan. Sorry.

If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them. Otherwise welcome to VB!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I haven't met very many vegan guys, either. :/ I know they exist, just not near me.

·
Registered
898 Posts
My bf is vegan. I have dated a few veggie guys. I have met lots of vegan men. If you want to meet more guys that are vegan, try going to local veggie potlucks or join the local veggie meetup www.meetup.com in your area. That is the way I meet all the vegan men I know including my bf.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I agree that vegan men are in high demand. I dated one a few months ago, but our personalities didn't "mesh," so that's over. I don't know about dating omnis either, I think I would find it extremely difficult and frustrating. I hope to meet a vegan man who shares my ethical concern for animals as well as many other values and interests....Hopefully it will happen one day. I'd even like to meet some vegan women to be able to have girls' vegan days out

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't know any other vegans, but out of the 7 or so vegetarians I know, 5 are guys. Unfortunately they're all either taken or too young for me and just not right for me in general. Veg guys definitely are in high demand.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm a vegan guy. Luckily my gf (now fiance!!) converted to veganism shortly after we began dating. She was a vegetarian for 15 years before that.

To answer your question it can be difficult being a male vegan in society. I have no male friends who are also vegan but luckily my core group of friends are very supportive. Things get more tough when I travel for work. I typically go to smaller towns and dining options are slim. Somehow I've survived.

·
Registered
715 Posts
One guy in my grade was a vegan for the summer. Now he's vegetarian. The only boy vegetarian in our grade.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Veg guys are in demand? .... Well, I am free, ladies! I can't stress that enough. If you are cool with a bum that is in the process of job-hunting and living with his mom, then... Let's get it on! AWWWW --- Suga.... Let's get it on! ....

.... I, of course, mean lets bake something.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I'm not a complete vegan but I am 230% male, the kind of guy that makes all the hunks at the steel mill look effeminate.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I'm not a complete vegan but I am 230% male, the kind of guy that makes all the hunks at the steel mill look effeminate.
what a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man, yes he is.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am a vegan male

I am also:

Incredibly good looking

Incredibly intelligent

Incredibly talented

(Well, it's what I tell myself every day that I wake up. The doctors make me. In reality, I'm pathetic at everything)

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I am a vegan male.

I dated a girl for 5 years that ate the flesh of beasts. ( I've been vegetarian 8 years, vegan 1)

Things were great with her - mostly. We had our minor problems, but nothing huge, we didn't fight much, our personalities matched evenly, things were pretty good most of the time. We were practically engaged.

But there were always certain things that caused me to doubt our future together. And several reasons we broke up. Namely, and one of the largest on my side, was that she isn't vegan. I know I want to raise my future children vegan, I want to live and love with a vegan. She obviously didn't.

There is only so long you can hope a person will change until you realize that you cannot expect people to change.

We broke up a year ago, and we still talk once a month for a couple hours. It was a mutual break, and we still care for each other as friends - no people really know us like we do each other - but we know it could never work out between us (there were things besides the veganism as well).

I didn't just lose my girlfriend, I lost my best friend.

I don't see myself dating a non-vegan girl again. Don't think I would like to sit next to someone I love on that level again while they indulge on the flesh of beasts.

Others could, and many do.

Blessings be with your relationships.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts