VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Whole Foods tonight and theres a sale for vegan gourmet cheese 2 for $5. I wanted to get it since its such a good deal, but i'm not sure what i'd do with all that cheese. Anyway, its over on the 6th of this month I believe so hurry!

·
Registered
278 Posts
is this stuff really good? I've seen it in stores, but cant bring myself to buy it after trying some of the others

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is good for cooking with, its not the kind that you'd want with crackers though. Its great on pizza, very cheesy and it actually melts I also like to make mac and cheese with it, or ziti. It takes some getting used to but it really is good, you should try it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I don't care for it. It didn't melt and was gritty and oily and didn't taste like cheese at all. VeganRella is the only cooking vegan cheese I can stand. Other than that, I buy Sheese now for my cheese and cracker needs.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post

You could always freeze it. That's what I do.
Really, it thaws out ok? I was worried that it seperate when it thaws. I'll do that, thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
It thaws great, no separation. I haven't noticed any difference in taste or texture. It may have a little moisture, but I usually shred it and pat it dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts