VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found some vegan glue that isn't too bad, but would really like some vegan glue for kids.

Does anyone know of any.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Elmer's glue, despite the picture of the cow on the front, is vegan. It's petroleum based.

Even says so on the FAQ page of the website, if you don't believe me.

Quote:
How is glue made?

Elmer's Glues are chemical based. They are made or formulated from chemicals which are synthesized (created by Man). These chemicals were originally obtained or manufactured from petroleum, natural gas and other raw materials found in Nature. The exact formula and specific ingredients used in making Elmer's products are considered proprietary information, therefore, we cannot share those with you.
Quote:
Do you use animals when making glue?

No, Elmer's does not use animals or animal parts to make glue. Our products are made from synthetic materials and are not derived from processing horses, cows or any other animals.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wanda .. yes Elmer's glue is vegan, and those colored glue sticks they make are fun for kids to use. I have a purple one that I use but it dries clear so it's not messy .. I think they make a gel type of glue also.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Thank goodness Elmer's glue is vegan! I have never even noticed the picture of the cow on the front. I will have to look now!

·
Registered
62 Posts
love children, don't glue them!

but seriously, i mailed the makers of SuperGlue about this (since we use tons of the stuff at work - electronics), and they said "there are no animal ingredients in SuperGlue", in those exact words.

well, all i can do is take their word for it, i know epoxy is made of oil byproducts, but i'm not sure what SuperGlue is made of.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No 'animal ingredients' doesn't always mean 'no animal by products'. And there is also the issue of animal testing of course.

·
Registered
668 Posts
thats cool thats my glue and it works so well too better than the others hehe maybe thats a selling point for veg friendly products...hmmmmm

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
You're right mikie, as soon as I grabbed the bottle, i saw the cow and went "aahhh yeeaahh, I remember thaaaaat!!" Duh!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Seems ridiculous that we have to wonder about all these products in our everyday life having hidden animal ingredients. You'd think our society would be advanced enough to not use them anymore. But you'd also think our society would have to intelligence to stop eating animal products anyway.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Phew!! I'm so relieved that Elmer's is vegan... I was about to have a heart attack, as Elmer's is one of my best friends.
Thank you for this info!

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sushi8kat

But you'd also think our society would have to intelligence to stop eating animal products anyway.
One would think... Unfortunately, I doubt if we'll live to see the day our society stops being meat-based.

But I don't care! I, for one, won't EVER stop trying to spread veganism, no matter how fruitless it seems to try.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.