VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting on the 9th of March (ending 23rd April - I think) I'm going to attempt going vegan. This isn't the first time I've attempted it, I've always been strayed away by occasional Lacto-Ovo treat. I'm not religious at all but it's convienient number of days (and I think achievable.) Making thread about this because I'm sure i'm not the only one doing this. Let me know your plans!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I havent given up anything for lent since I was 12. But my mom is still Christian and I'm not sure what shes doing this year. Good luck with being vegan once the 40 days is up see how much better you feel and if you want to stay with the diet

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I am not a Vegan but working towards it but, I seen this about lent. I am not a religoius Christian but , I am going to observe lent . My husband don't like it because the Catholic church has their parishors give up meats only on Fridays it should be all throughout lent not just one day a week.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Good luck. Maybe you should make yourself some tasty vegan treats to keep around, if those are the things you tend to have problems with.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yup, I'm doing the same! I joined this forum specifically because of going vegan for Lent; felt I needed some suppport and expert knowledge. Have been veggie since 1986 and am interested in how I will cope with six week as a vegan . I'm not religious at all but I usually do something during Lent as an interesting exercise - eg one year I gave up supermarkets, another TV, another the Internet. Although I don't give up these things permanently I find that I do permanently change many aspects of my behaviour as a result. My hope this year is that I will be confident enough to think about being vegan long term.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
I'll be everyone's cheerleader!

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Same here, I think it's wonderful and hope you all have an interesting experience.
Feel free to ask loads of questions if you have any.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yay! I started being veggie with lent one year and have now worked my way to vegan. Once you go 40 days without something, you stop missing it in my experience.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I went vegan originally for lent as well. I try to do something every year. I am lacking motivation this year, thinking about trying to force myself to eat a piece of fruit a day or something.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like a worthwhile challenge--good luck to everyone giving it a try! I am a new "veggie" and may give it a try.

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
Woot! I hope it goes well everyone

I gave up meat, dairy, and eggs for Lent 7 years ago and never went back.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I honestly hadn't thought about that fact. Oh well, I'm not a huge pancake person, anyway.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgruntilla View Post

Hi! Speaking of lent and vegans... Does anyone have a good vegan pancake recipe for Shrove Tuesday please?
This one's good: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/pa...gan-vengeance/
I just use soy or almond milk (or more water!) rather than the 'hemp dream' (hemp milk is gross, anyways
). The idea of eating pancakes on fat tuesday still throws me off, though. It's all about the donuts for me. (Which is unfortunate, because vegan donuts are much more labor intensive than vegan pancakes.
)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.