VeggieBoards banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I get veggie burgers when I am out all the time. I, too, like the Burger King veg burger (it is very much like the garden patty made by morningstar). The Applebees in my area does not serve veg burgers and I hate that place. Their menu is quite limited. The veg burger at Ruby Tuesday's is one of the worst in my opinion! (sorry michael- maybe the ones you've had are a different recipe??). Max and Erma's has a decent veg burger and so does Johnny Rockets. Chili's has a bean burger that is ok (kinda dry). As for Pizza Hut, their ingredients are listed on their website but as others have mentioned: it might vary from store to store. Personally their pizza (the crust) makes me ill. I will stick to my local pizza places instead

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Panera sent me a vegan listing but another board said they are lying and their ingredients are not vegan in their vegan listing and have honey, etc. in them. I have asked Panera to clarify by providing me with the full ingredients.

Subway Veggie Delight is vegan but I think only with wheat bread. Their bread ingredients are on their website.

Quiznos has wheat in their bread.

I'm not sure about the BK Veggie bread but I do like the BK Veggie and some posts say that most people don't. hmmmm..I don't know about that. My husband is frighteningly fussy and likes it. he will pick pieces of tomato out of his sauce and anything green.

Anyway, pizza hut has meat in their sauce so nothing vegan there.

I was told that Papa Johns crust is vegan, so is their sauce and they do make a nice cheeseless pizza.

You can get vegan food at lots of chinese places. Mine makes a mean steamed broccoli and rice with garlic. Very spicy.

I'm in Chicago so we have lots to choose from. I do know Panera does have many offerings of vegan selections but until I can pin them down on exact ingredients rather than the "vegan" list they sent me, I will refrain from passing it on.

Oh, there is a Chicago restaurant and they make awesome stuffed vegan peppers and other vegan selections. Only one restaurant so you need to be around here, www.savvy-fare.com. I work with the mom of the young couple that owns it. They are very strict on the food ingredients.

Fast food is hard but once in a while, you get lucky. Sometimes it is just easier to eat at home tho!!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nicollew

Anyway, pizza hut has meat in their sauce so nothing vegan there.

It has been well-established at various sites, and with Pizza Hut as a corporation, that the thin-crust pizza without cheese (obviously) is vegan, as is the sauce. There is no meat in the sauce.

My wife and I eat the thin crust pizza with veggies and no cheese all the time, and it's surprisingly good, though fairly cold by the time it's delivered, so we tend to eat it when we're running around and there's a Pizza Hut nearby when it's time for dinner or lunch.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts