VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so is satin and velvet vegan? Here's what I get from dictionary.com:<br><br>
Satin-A smooth fabric, as of silk or rayon, woven with a glossy face and a dull back.<br><br><br><br>
Velvet-A soft fabric, such as silk, rayon, or nylon, having a smooth, dense pile and a plain underside<br><br><br><br>
I thought maybe they were derived from polyester because once I saw "Satin robes" and on the tag it said 100% polyester. Could someone clear up this mystery for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Satin and Velvet are types of weaves, so you can't tell just from that what fabric it was made out of. The 100% polyester part of the tag is what tells you that particular item is vegan. Some satin and velvet could contain silk. It just depends on the item and what fabrics they used.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Velvet and satin are types of weaves, so you can't tell just from that what fabric it was made out of. The 100% polyester part of the tag is what tells you that particular item is vegan. Some satin and velvet could contain silk. It just depends on the item and what fabrics they used.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Before synthetics, velvet and satin were made with silk. Now, you have to look at the "make-up" of the cloth. Real velvet and satin not mixed with any synthetics are very expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts