VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the thread where you can ask your match questions about what they may/may not like! I believe Jen included the password for the Secret Santa account in the PM with your match! Have fun!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ho Ho Ho! Christmas in July? Meh! That's for hacks!

Santa wants to treat you in MAY, Ashlend!!!

Sit on Santa's ample (yet chaste and vegan) lap and speak your most vegan desires!

What would you like to be gifted with?

Is there anything you do NOT want?

What are some of your hobbies, likes and dislikes?

Do you want food, treats, cooking/baking supplies, body care products, a bit of all?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Zirpkatze!

Tell me what you like/need/want.

Do you have a sweet tooth, or do you prefer salty snacks?
Any cookbooks you've been meaning to buy?

What sort of things would you not want to receive?

Let me know

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ms. Semicharmed!

No mushrooms or cilantro? Check... Think Santa can handle that...
Are you wishing for something in particular?
Spicy ok or do you live on the mild side of life?
Anything you would be really unhappy to receive? Besides cilantro or mushrooms.... That's a given...
Any allergies?
Do you like spreadable stuff (hummus, preserves, etc)?
Sweet or savory tooth?
Crispy/crunchy or chewy?

Think that's all for now!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Santa View Post

Zirpkatze!

Tell me what you like/need/want.

Do you have a sweet tooth, or do you prefer salty snacks?
Any cookbooks you've been meaning to buy?

What sort of things would you not want to receive?

Let me know
i love peppered tofurky jurky. other than that i'm up for just about anything.
if i had to choose, i'd pick sweet over salty but i like both
i had been looking at a few cookbooks but just had a birthday and got 3 of them (but i've been eyeing vegan cookies invade your cookie jar for ages now
)

the only things i wouldn't want is onions of sorts or beauty products. i hate onions and i tend to be mildly allergic to random beauty products.

i want to mention that it's been really hot down here and there's a chance that the package will get warm

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hello desert-dweller

So no peanuts (I will try and be extra careful about that!), no coffee, no problem.

Is it only savoury things you like? How do you feel about cookies/ candy?

What about toiletries?

And anything in particular you'd like?

From Santa

·
Registered
740 Posts
Scorpius!

I have questions for you. Come sit on my knee!

Is there anything that you really like or really want?

Sweet or savoury?

How about toiletries?

Any furry companions?

Any non-furry (human) companions?

Are you a chocoholic? If so white, dark, milk, with nuts etc?

Have you heard of something in England that you really want to try? (I can't promise anything but I will try.)

Apart from curry and olives, is there anything else you really wouldn't want to receive?

That's all for now.

·
Registered
740 Posts
dancingvegan

Are you allergic to anything?

Anything you really like, but is sort of out of your price range usually, or is rare in your city/region?

·
Registered
740 Posts
KrisMTL,

Santa has a some questions for you!

Is there anything you would be greatly disappointed to receive? How about overly excited?

Allergies or bizarre aversions to anything?

Sweet, salty, or spicy? What's your preferred texture? Unless you'd prefer non-food items! Santa is flexible.

Are you a reader? Fiction or non-fiction? Anything you've just been dying to get your hands on?

Should Santa keep any companions in mind when picking out your gifts?

Finally, please describe yourself using at least three positive adjectives. Be as specific as you can. This is a very important question, so get help if need be. Santy Claus promises there is a reason for this question related to the exchange!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
HI SANTA!

No mushrooms or cilantro? Check... Think Santa can handle that...
Excellent, thank you!

Are you wishing for something in particular?
Well, I'm always in the mood for a fun vegan discovery. Some of the highlights of my vegan life have been fun and delicious vegan discoveries like MooCluck cake, We Can't Say It's Cheese spreads, Gardein, Sweet & Sara marshmallows, etc. Anything that will make my tastebuds swoon is a winner, bonus points for things that are hard for vegans to find or make.

Spicy ok or do you live on the mild side of life? Spicy foods should be SPICY, but not all foods need to be spicy, yanno? Like... When I'm ordering Indian food, I go medium or hot, depending on my mood. But I'm not the person who tosses hot sauce on everything. (Do me a favor and pretend that made sense, please?)

Anything you would be really unhappy to receive? Besides cilantro or mushrooms.... That's a given...
Hmmmm. I can't really think of anything. I'm really easy to please!

Any allergies? Nope. Well, that's not entirely true. But you aren't planning on sending a bunch of penicillin, right? That stuff makes me bleed internally. (Good times.)

Do you like spreadable stuff (hummus, preserves, etc)?
I do, but I have the terrible habit of not eating most spreadable things within their fridge-life. If I open a jar of preserves, I'm lucky if I get through a third of it, and that just makes me feel wasteful. Small containers make me feel wasteful too, but since I recycle like it's my job I tend to go that route and I don't feel bad about it.

Sweet or savory tooth?
Both! Sometimes together. Mmmm, foooood.

Crispy/crunchy or chewy?
See previous answer, please.

Thank you, Santa! Let me know if there is anything else you need.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Quote:

Hello desert-dweller

So no peanuts (I will try and be extra careful about that!), no coffee, no problem.

Is it only savoury things you like? How do you feel about cookies/ candy?

What about toiletries?

And anything in particular you'd like?

From Santa

Hi Santa!

I do love sweets too! Esp. gummy type stuff, red licorice or fruit rolls/strips; chocolate chip and snickerdoodle cookies rank right up there as well. I don't recommend anything that easily melts. By early June it will be well over 100F during the day here in the Valley of the Sun and they would be a melted mess. It's been hovering at 100 already which is early for this time in May.

Vanilla or a light citrusy scented (or totally unscented) body lotion would be awesome! Esp. for dry skin.... Tinted lip balms are great too; I don't have much luck finding vegan ones.

I would really love an item from your local area be it a trinket or something edible.

Thanks Santa!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm looking for VB's Lucky Charm!!

What sorts of vegan goodies would you like delivered to you from across the pond?

Any specific food preferences (candy/sweets, or savory snacks)? Do you have a favorite flavour of anything (chocolate, vanilla, fruity, etc.)?

Or would you like something other than food (bath and beauty products, companion animal treats or toys)?

Let this Summer Santa know!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Annia!

Summer Santa wants to know if there's anything in particular you'd like to receive in your stocking, er, exchange package!

Do you prefer sweet or savoury treats? Edible or not? Mixture of both?

This Santa likes giving chocolate goods - how do you feel about vegan "milk"/white chocolate and truffles? Do you prefer your chocolate pure or with added flavours and nuts, cocoa nibs or fruits? Any brands or types you like or dislike?

Toiletries - yay or nay? Do you dye your hair? What colour?

Is there anything that is hard to find and would like to get?

Santa awaits your answers!

·
Registered
740 Posts
AddieB!

Answer questions!

Any particular likes/dislikes/allergies?

Any ethnic foods you really like or totally hate?

Sweet or savory? Both?

Do you cook?

Favorite colors/colors you hate?

·
Banned
1,803 Posts
Quote:

Annia!
YAY!!!

Quote:
Summer Santa wants to know if there's anything in particular you'd like to receive in your stocking, er, exchange package!

Do you prefer sweet or savoury treats? Edible or not? Mixture of both?
I have a very sweet tooth. I do like savoury things but I'm very picky

With savoury things.. I don't like anything that will have even a mild spicy flavour... Because of the chilli allergy I've associated all spicy foods with the allergic reaction (even though it is just chilli that I'm allergic to) so I don't like it.
I don't do olives either.

Quote:
This Santa likes giving chocolate goods - how do you feel about vegan "milk"/white chocolate and truffles? Do you prefer your chocolate pure or with added flavours and nuts, cocoa nibs or fruits? Any brands or types you like or dislike?
I'm a registered chocoholic!!! I love pretty much all types of chocolate expect for ones with nuts in them. As for milk or white chocolate, I love it.
I also love dark chocolate (although I did have to draw the line at the 99% cocoa chocolate I tried once..
)

Quote:
Toiletries - yay or nay? Do you dye your hair? What colour?
YAY! I dyed my hair red and purple a few months ago but it's faded..
In a month or so I'm dying it back to my natural brown colour for the summer.. (The red/purple costs too much to keep up with
)

Quote:
Is there anything that is hard to find and would like to get?

Santa awaits your answers!
MARSHMALLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't eaten marshmallows for over 5 years now and I have not been able to find any veg*n ones. Not at all.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Santa is looking for lhedgepeth!

First, I just want to note that your name was mistyped as "ihedgepeth" so I was very confused for a bit when I went to creep on your forum posts and discovered that you didn't exist! Fortunately, I eventually realized what was going on.

So, you mention disliking raisins. I wholeheartedly concur! Anything a raisin can do, a chocolate chip can do better. Is there anything else you'd rather not receive?

Is there anything you've had trouble finding locally you'd like me to try to get for you? I don't want to make any promises but I do live in a fairly vegan friendly area... (And, um, I have some pretty skilled little elves too.)

Do you like sweet or savory? What about spicy?

Do you love chocolate as much as I do?

Allergic to anything?

Do you want just food or would you like some non-food items as well?

Any ethnic cuisines you particularly like? Chances are I can hook you up with some cool stuff from the markets around here (or, again, the elves can make it happen).

How do you feel about homemade gifts?

Anything else you'd like to mention?

Do you feel at all guilty that I'm making my elves come back from their vacations just for you?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yay!

Answer questions!

Any particular likes/dislikes/allergies? No allergies. I don't particularly care for: mushrooms, olives, coffee

Any ethnic foods you really like or totally hate? I like 'em all!

Sweet or savory? Both? Both! Although if I had to choose I'd go savory over sweet.

Do you cook?
I sure do

Favorite colors/colors you hate? If I could marry to color blue I would

·
Registered
740 Posts
photojess

What are some of your likes/dislikes?
Do you have any hobbies?
Anything in particular you'd like?
Do you cook?
Do you have any children, human or otherwise?

1 - 20 of 139 Posts