VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attachment 15629 Picture of Secret Santa Package

I love everthing I received. I can't wait to try everything. My husband (not a veg*n) is enjoying the treats as well.

Thank you Secret Santa!!!

LL

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Who was your Secret Santa? You're allowed to tell now.

I want to try the cookies on the left, behind the red package. How are they? Let us know when you try them!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know who my Secret Santa is. I did not see a name on the package, just a return address. Secret Santa please reveal yourself. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
From lhedgepeth!

Haven't tried anything but the cookies yet, but they are soooooooo good. Sorry about the counter clutter.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
ihedgepeth, what is that "hot mix" stuff in your pics?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you like the cookies. I love them also.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't tried the Hot Mix yet but it is an indian snack mix. I have tried the cookies and candy bars which were delicious. I also tried the Hildiram's spicy wheat flour snacks which are great also.
Attachment 15661
LL

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Yay! I'm so glad you like the package, AeryFairy! It was fun shopping for someone non-American. And isn't the peanut butter amazing? It almost didn't make it into the box!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Yay! I'm so glad you like the package, AeryFairy! It was fun shopping for someone non-American. And isn't the peanut butter amazing? It almost didn't make it into the box!
The peanut butter is SO good! I'm trying my best to ration it, but it's just so nice on everything... I stuck a lump of it in a bowl with some cut-up bananas and nuked it in the microwave.
I'm very glad it made it into the box

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Here's my kitty investigating all of the amazing goodies that AHIMSA sent.

Thank you again!! What an incredible box. I'm going away for the weekend and I'm taking some of the snacks with me

LL

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
The book is a book of photographs of R.E.M., by this guy who traveled with them over a 6 year period of time. They are one of my favorite bands so that was really awesome

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
So far these photos are looking amazing and I would be omitting my true opinion if I did not admit they are making me feel like a really crap Secret Santa! I must be a poor judge of budgeting $25. I also didn't send many food items... I'm thinking I greatly misunderstood the Secret Santa concept.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

So far these photos are looking amazing and I would be omitting my true opinion if I did not admit they are making me feel like a really crap Secret Santa! I must be a poor judge of budgeting $25. I also didn't send many food items... I'm thinking I greatly misunderstood the Secret Santa concept.
I'm sure you sent a great package! Last time I participated, I sent out only maybe 4 or 5 things, but they were all locally made and they were expensive. This time, I'm sending more things and they're probably a little more commonplace, but I picked them all out to suit my recipient's stated tastes.... I think no matter what, as long as you do your best and everything's vegan, your recipient should be really happy.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

Here's my kitty investigating all of the amazing goodies that AHIMSA sent.

Thank you again!! What an incredible box. I'm going away for the weekend and I'm taking some of the snacks with me
You're welcome! So pleased you like the stuff. The box of tea is from a Spanish shop in Berkeley, let me know what you think. I included samples of things, 'cause it's so much fun to try new things!

Quote:

The book is a book of photographs of R.E.M., by this guy who traveled with them over a 6 year period of time. They are one of my favorite bands so that was really awesome
I was really happy to get that for you, glad I was able to score it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

Don't feel bad at all. Part of the fun of all this is the variety of it all! I feel the need for a qualifier on my stuff: I am especially skilled in getting a good deal. That book, worth like $30? I got it at the DOLLAR store.

Quote:

I'm sure you sent a great package! Last time I participated, I sent out only maybe 4 or 5 things, but they were all locally made and they were expensive. This time, I'm sending more things and they're probably a little more commonplace, but I picked them all out to suit my recipient's stated tastes.... I think no matter what, as long as you do your best and everything's vegan, your recipient should be really happy.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
my package got here yesterday and i just got to open it and investigate. i love everything. i'm very intrigued by the avocados and will be trying them this weekend.
in case it's poorly visible in the picture, the box everything came in had some pictures inside that were the first thing i saw and i thought that was a lovely idea

but, i'm not sure who my santa is. i have yet to match the name to a username. if you're it, let me know

LL

1 - 20 of 132 Posts