VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea when they start hitting the shelves? I know there are probably not too many varieties, but when should I expect to see them in stores? I checked last weekend and Silk's version wasn't out yet, but several dairy ones were.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, I'll be sure to keep my eyes open as I venture out tomorrow!!!

I have a few recipes of my own that maybe I'll try once I go back home for winter break.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottsMom View Post

is it any good?
Tarzan at three months.....

I think the silk nog is much better than omni nog.It has a lighter

consistency and the taste is not as sticky-sweet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have made some. I found the recipe on the web. I buy sugar in the raw. It's on the webite on their boxes etc... I really liked it. I have never seen silk nog. Last year I did try Trader Joe's egg nog - the one I made was much better. I believe the recipe was called eggless egg nog. It took a dish, but I only made as much (or little) as I needed/wanted and seldom made more. You do have to make it ahead of time unless you want it warm. That way you can refregerate it and make it cold again.

Let me know if you have problems finding it. I know I printed it off and I have the recipe at home if anyone needs it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've never had non-vegan egg nog before. I've tried Silk Nog, though. I don't like it, it's too sweet, and it has a funny taste. Maybe I'll like it spiked ^o^

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieMath View Post

I have made some. I found the recipe on the web. I buy sugar in the raw. It's on the webite on their boxes etc... I really liked it. I have never seen silk nog. Last year I did try Trader Joe's egg nog - the one I made was much better. I believe the recipe was called eggless egg nog. It took a dish, but I only made as much (or little) as I needed/wanted and seldom made more. You do have to make it ahead of time unless you want it warm. That way you can refregerate it and make it cold again.

Let me know if you have problems finding it. I know I printed it off and I have the recipe at home if anyone needs it.
If you can find the recipe I would appreciate if you would share...Thanx

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
still no egg nog at Stop & Shop as of yesterday...

is that something that Trader Joe's would be more likely to carry?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Recipes I have not tried:

From About.com

INGREDIENTS:

21 oz extra-firm silken tofu

2 cups soymilk

2/3 cup light brown sugar

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup cold water

1 cup rum or brandy

4 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

20 ice cubes

Nutmeg

PREPARATION:

Crumble the tofu and blend with soymilk, sugar and salt. Blend until smooth. Pour into mixing bowl, and whisk in water, rum and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate. To serve, blend half of mixture with 10 ice cubes until frothy.

Repeat with other half of nog. Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Serves 10

From All Creatures . org

VEGAN "EGG" NOG

Servings: 2

1 cup almond milk or rice milk

1/3 cup raw Macadamia nuts, soaked overnight

3 honey dates, pitted

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon maple (or date*) syrup

1 teaspoon flax oil (optional)

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 - 1 1/2 frozen bananas

Place all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.

Serve at once or refrigerate for up to 6 hours before serving.

Serves 2.

From Vegan-food.net

INGREDIENTS

1 quart / 1 L vanilla soy milk

4 t maple syrup

1/4 cup brandy or 1/2 t brandy extract

1 t cinnamon

1/4 t nutmeg

1/8 t cloves

METHOD

In a pitcher/jug/thing combine all, stir well, serve chilled.

There you have it. If you can not find store bought vegan nog, then you can try one or all of these recipes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts