VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW CAN A VEGAN DIET HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
  • 1. AVOID PROCESSED FOODS. VEGETARIAN OPTIONS
  • 2. GET RID OF OILS
Why should you get rid of oils?
There has been a lot of discussion about the health effects of oils. Some study suggests that particular oils are good additions to your diet, while other research suggests that all oil use is harmful to your health. This can be really perplexing, so if you're on the fence about whether or not to drink oil, I strongly advise you to conduct as much research as possible and make your own decision.
After doing some research, I decided to stop using oils because I believe they provide no health benefits and potentially harm my body. Oil is just fat that has been taken from entire foods and is high in calories. A tablespoon of oil has roughly 120 calories in it that your body doesn't require! It's basically a waste of calories, and eating more calories means gaining more weight.
Eating an olive rather than simply the fat that has been drained out of it is far healthier. You'll get more nutritional value from the entire olive. Coconut oil is the same way. Coconut oil has recently received a lot of attention as a health food, but according to Harvard research, trials have discovered that it elevates unhealthy LDL cholesterol levels. It's just as bad as any other type of oil.
HOW TO GET RID OF OILS
I've discovered that oil isn't necessary for many recipes because it's merely used to help with cooking. When sautéing on the stove, you can substitute vegetable broth or water. If the flavor matches what you're preparing, you can even use soy sauce or tamari.
READ MORE: Vegan diet weight loss

1 - 1 of 1 Posts