VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A family friend just went on a diet and is eating vegan. She's an over the road truck driver and wants advice from me on to-go type vegan foods to eat in her truck. She's eating mostly basic veggies right now like carrots and celery sticks and wants some ideas. I have ideas for good quick, easy vegan meals but I don't worry about losing weight at all so I need some good ideas for diet foods, too.

Also, for a diet, what's the healthiest faux milk? I personally like silk soy, PureAlmond, and purecocount, but I'm not sure which of those is best for a diet. Does anyone else know? If not I'll go to the store this weekend and look at the labels

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Almond Breeze has a 40 calorie per serving version. Since she is on the road a lot, she may want to stock up on ready to eat meals like this one: click here. And as for restaurants, Subway would probably be her best bet for low calorie vegan food that can be found in every city.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Veganeatingout.com might be helpful to her. Bringing along wraps, hummus, and PB with the veggies would also come in handy to make some quick and easy lunches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts