1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

Okay just wondering what all the DAILY nutrients requirments are

for the vegan diet...

If someone can post it or either a web address or book...

Thanks heaps....

·
Registered
516 Posts
.... Please tell me that you are kidding?....

In general, I would not normally agree with the FDA nor the USDA on anything. However, they have a list of the RDV (Recommended Daily Values) of nutrients on their website. These values - generally - do not change with a Vegan diet, minus of course the Cruely Nutrient. It is a nutrient that you honestly do not need.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The vegan daily nutrient requirements are the same as vegetarian daily nutrient requirements, or omnivore daily nutrient requirements. They vary depending on your gender, age, and level of physical activity as well.

http://www.mypyramid.gov/

·
Registered
516 Posts
Steps to learning this information:

1) Go to the great search engine that rhymes with Foogle, and has made its owners very rich.

2) Type in "What RDV Nutrients"

3) Search for the USDA or FDA website, and their should be a list.

Sorry if I sound irritated, but there honestly are not different nutrients now that you are Vegan. We vegans get the same nutrients that meat-eaters do, we merely get them from different sources. The only one that is hard to find in the Vegan diet is B12, so it may have to be supplemented.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It's the same as if you were on an omni diet. Perhaps the only supplement you may need is Vitamin B12. Although there are plant sources for it, they are rather unrealiable, since it all depends on the bacteria, because vitamin B12 is only produced by bacteria.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your replys....

Aussyj... You sound very irritated... lol....

But thats okay
... sorry for me to sound dumb i guess...lol..

Just new to all of this thats all and I want to make sure I stay in tip top healty shape just to PROVE to the negative people in my life thats all..

I definatly dont want them to be right....

So I just wanna know do people follow an amout they tak every day??

Or do they just eat all the healthy stuff???

For example I have started taking 2 teaspoons of flaxseed oil in the mornings..

And I was wondering if I should count the iron and all that?? If you know what I mean??

In a day I have vitabrits with soy and a spoon of this nut and seed stuff forgot the name...

Lunch either a sald and bean sandwich or a vegi soup I make stuff like that

Dinner lentils or beans and just all the vegies...

Snack in between... apple banana fruit seeds nuts....

What do you think???

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
At first I tracked everything. I quickly realized that it was difficult for me not to get everything I needed, just by eating frequently and eating a variety of beans, grains, fruits and vegetables. If you feel fine, I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh thanks medesha...

Well thats right as long as I feel fine they everything should b A OK...

I will get my bloods checked soon too.........

Thnaks..

·
Registered
927 Posts
Medesha is right on. It's difficult to not get adequate nutrition on a vegan diet that includes a variety of different grains, legumes, and vegetables. There is no need to track things unless you have reason to suspect you are suffering from a particular nutrient deficiency. (B12 supplements are a good idea if you are strictly vegan.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts