VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need recipes for vegan cupcakes. i'm thinking 3 different flavours:

just a plain white/vanilla, a chocolate, and something tropical/fruity sort of along the lines of pineapple upside down cake (but open to other suggestions).

the recipes need to be relatively easy because i'm making a *lot* of them. and should include ingredients that are easy to find.

this is for my wedding cake, we decided to do cupcakes and the reception is Hawaiian themed. i figure if we do the one fruity flavour it'll keep with the theme and i'll do 3 different bright coloured icings, one colour for each flavour. they're going to go on 3 seperate platforms at different heights instead of the usual 3-tiered setup, so i can make another small platform in the middle for the cake topper to stand on.

a relative of my fiance bakes a lot (she has a small business doing holiday baking for people who don't have the time, mostly teachers) and we're going to ask her if she can make them for us depending on how much she's going to charge. his mom said that she may even do it free as a wedding gift (fingers crossed)

otherwise if she can't do it the original plan was to make them ourselves anyways cause it'll be cheaper than a bakery and this way we know exactly what goes in them. i'm the only vegan but if we get stuck with leftovers to take home i will eat them if they're vegan, he's not a big sweets person so if they're not vegan they'll get thrown out.

anywho thanks in advance

·
Registered
376 Posts
i second vegan cupcakes take over the world! i'm eating 'mexican hot chocolate cupcakes' right now. i plan on making cupcakes every week now...i would make cupcakes for you if you lived nearby....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just made the Golden Vanilla Cupcakes (with cinnamon added) that was posted in this thread for the New Year's Eve party I went to last night- everyone loved them! I decorated them with vegan buttercream frosting and piped blue and yellow flowers on top, they came out wonderfully.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool thanks guys! must find this book

does it list a plain chocolate one too?

i want to try to keep them simple since we have to make so many of them and they'll probably be stacked on top of each other so nothing too fancy to get wrecked.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Basic Chocolate Cupcake

1 Cup soy milk

1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup canola oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon almond extract chocolate extract, or more vanilla extract

1 cup all purpose flour

1/3 cup cocoa powder, Dutch processed or regular

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat over to 350 degrees F and line muffin pan with paper or foil liners.

Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the sugar, oil and vanilla extract and other extract, if using, to the soy milk mixture and beat till foamy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat till no lumps remain (a few tiny lumps are okay) Pour into liners, filling three quarters of the way. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.