VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My birthday's coming up, and I'm looking for a great cupcake recipe to impress a bunch of skeptic non-vegans. Any suggestions? Has anyone tried the recipes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World? If so, is it worth buying?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
I have that book and have tried a number of recipes from it. Everything I've made so far has been really good. For my last birthday I made the banana split cupcakes (yum). I did the margarita cupcakes and the coconut lime cupcakes for new years and then the rum raisin cupcakes for my brother's birthday. I recently made the pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes too, and they were delicious.

So far, the banana split and coconut lime are my favorites. My omni family members really seemed to enjoy them too.
 

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
Joined
·
836 Posts
Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World is an awesome book! My favorite are the pistachio rosewater cupcakes but every recipe I've tried has come out great.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,961 Posts
Go to the Food Networks Cupcake Wars winner! Chloe! She has all sorts of awesome recipes!
http://chefchloe.com/vegan-recipes.html

I don't have Cupcakes takeover, but Isa's Vegan Cookies Invade your cookie jar! is my favorite cookie book!

Go here!:
http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Cupcakes.../dp/1569242739

Sneaky, but you can "look inside" books on Amazon and find soooo many recipes! I have bought books after doing this, so it's not like stealing! There's a lot there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,299 Posts
I third Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. The recipe for red velvet cupcakes is amazing.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
Another vote for the terrific Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Every variety I have tried has been fantastic. The frosting recipes rule as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
I made this one a few days ago:
http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-gol...upcakes-302367

It turned out DELICIOUS! I used the margarine method.

Here is a photo of the cupcake I made. It was only for me so I didn't make it pretty or anything. It was just tasty deliciousness :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
I LOVE that cookbook! LOVE it! Even my mom uses it when she makes cake! It's so awesome. Definitely get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
966 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about this book. I'll probably buy a copy eventually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,245 Posts
My favorite is the Lemon Macadamia recipe from Vcegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. That is definitely a book worth having.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Anyone find that their cupcakdes come out a bit gluey? I use reusable cupcake cases so not sure if the silicone in that affected them at all? They came out chewy on the outside and kind of gluey in the middle. I subbed the oil for margarine next time and they had a normal texture though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkermagoo View Post

Anyone find that their cupcakdes come out a bit gluey? I use reusable cupcake cases so not sure if the silicone in that affected them at all? They came out chewy on the outside and kind of gluey in the middle. I subbed the oil for margarine next time and they had a normal texture though
Hmmm, no, I've never had that problem. Did you bake them long enough?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

My favorite is the Lemon Macadamia recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
Oh gawd, yes. The margarita cupcakes are great too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Hmmm, no, I've never had that problem. Did you bake them long enough?
I think so. I baked them for longer than they said too. I made a regular cup cake recipe last week and just subbed butter and eggs with vegan spread and Orgran's No Egg and they came out really nicely. Its got to be the oil - I hate cooking with oil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkermagoo View Post

I think so. I baked them for longer than they said too. I made a regular cup cake recipe last week and just subbed butter and eggs with vegan spread and Orgran's No Egg and they came out really nicely. Its got to be the oil - I hate cooking with oil
Yeah, I don't like it either. Things rarely turn out well when I bake with it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkermagoo View Post

I think so. I baked them for longer than they said too. I made a regular cup cake recipe last week and just subbed butter and eggs with vegan spread and Orgran's No Egg and they came out really nicely. Its got to be the oil - I hate cooking with oil
When I sub oil for margarine I only use about 1/2.
Did you make a direct swap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,793 Posts
You could try these. The rootbeer ones, anyway. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,423 Posts
here are my blogposts of cupcakes from her cookbook if you want the recipes w/o the book....I haven't made all of them by any means, but the chocolate with PB frosting is the BOMB!, or the creamsicle...which were my idea....http://creativeinspirationsphotograp...label/cupcakes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganFromMars View Post

My birthday's coming up, and I'm looking for a great cupcake recipe to impress a bunch of skeptic non-vegans. Any suggestions? Has anyone tried the recipes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World? If so, is it worth buying?
Is the Pope Catholic?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top