VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can safely lick the batter spoon!

I got Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World finally and made my first batch today: Chocolate Mint Cupcakes. They are so pretty and delicious. My omni friend had one and declared them "awesome." I think they're pretty awesome too. Pictures attached!
LL
LL

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
You can safely lick the batter spoon!

This is exactly what I was thinking when I made these cupcakes a couple weeks ago, I made the choc mint ones and they are yummy!!!

I love this little book!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have made the Red Velveteen and the Maple. Both turned out good. Next on my list is the Apple Cider I think - might make them for a vegan cupcake contest coming up next weekend!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh my gosh! My husband just made the lemon cupcakes in Vegan with a Vengeance, and they are amazing!!! They are the best cupcakes I've ever had, bar none. I don't usually even like cake (or cupcakes) and I think these are soooo tasty. I really like the texture, and they are very yummy and lemony.
They are so tasty and decadent I feel guilty eating them during lent.

We didn't have any margarine on hand so we didn't try the frosting recipe. He just made a lemon glaze, which was very tasty.

They are so good I think we're going to make some to take to a church dinner in a couple of weeks. I'll update to let you know how they're received.

I don't think my husband has baked anything the whole time we've been married, either, and he said they were really easy to make. I barely even had to help, just showed him how to zest lemons with the microplane.

Vegan cupcakes are the best because they are yummier than the other kind, and because they inspire my husband to bake!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Vegan cupcakes are the best because, hey, no cholesterol.

I made the basic golden cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting, which tasted just like the filling in Three Musketeers bars.
I'm going to try peanut butter cupcakes next.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Because you can't smush an entire cake into your mouth and let icing ooze out the corners of your lips.

Also I couldn't find a book called Vegan Cakes Take Over the World.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts

cupcakes have just gotten huge lately. not just this one cookbook, and not just vegan ones. they're everywhere.

that and knitting...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now if only we could start a business selling knitted cupcakes, maybe we could take over the world!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts