VeggieBoards banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out my tressemee hair products aren't cruelty free/vegan! And I own everything by that brand from shampoos/conditioner/heat protection/hairspray/dry shampoo/etc. As you can tell my hair is my baby. Anyway I need to replace all of them now with new hair products what ones are vegan friendly? Also what hair bleach brands are vegan because apparently Loreal isn't safe and I need to keep my platinum blonde hair because It's life.

-Kaitlyn

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts

·
Registered
4,608 Posts

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
Thanks for this! I used Dr. Bronner's liquid Castile soap for years, but recently they started adding palm oil to their products. Argh! So I am looking for something else. I used to make my own but have gotten too lazy.
That's disappointing news about Bronners. They used to only use coconut, hemp, and olive oil, I think.

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
I love Natures Gate. I have been using them for many many years. The aloe conditioner will make your hair really soft.
Thumbs up for Nature's Gate. They even sell it in gallon sizes, to minimize packaging:

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
Thanks for this! I used Dr. Bronner's liquid Castile soap for years, but recently they started adding palm oil to their products. Argh! So I am looking for something else. I used to make my own but have gotten too lazy.
Maybe Bronner's is still OK. They say that their palm oil is grown/harvested in a way that doesn't cause any new deforestation, and that it doesn't threaten orangutan habitat:

https://www.drbronner.com/customer-service/ingredients/

·
Bean Queen
103 Posts
I just found out my tressemee hair products aren't cruelty free/vegan! And I own everything by that brand from shampoos/conditioner/heat protection/hairspray/dry shampoo/etc. As you can tell my hair is my baby. Anyway I need to replace all of them now with new hair products what ones are vegan friendly? Also what hair bleach brands are vegan because apparently Loreal isn't safe and I need to keep my platinum blonde hair because It's life.

-Kaitlyn
If I really wanted to invest money into my hair I'd probably stick with Lush. I've used their products and quite liked them (they smell awesome) and there is a lot of variety based on a selection of hair needs. The only reason I didn't stick with lush as my go to brand was because to be quite honest, my hair isn't really something I value. While they're reasonably priced, I just found it bothersome to buy online. Be warned though: some products do have honey. It's all clearly labeled, though.

Manic Panic is vegan/cruelty free and has a bleach kit as well as various dyes. I'm not sure about toners, though.

·
Fellow Hummusapian
97 Posts
Didn't know that about Manic Panic. That's pretty cool.

I currently use Shea Moisture (all of their products have the bunny logo). Their line can be found at Target and are frequently on sale; I'm in love with their Zanzibar Marine Complex shampoo because it has made my hair so shiny and vibrant. I occasionally use Mystic Divine (it's at Sally's Beauty); on their site they state that they are 100% vegan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts