VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wouldn't this be great? i love the fod network but i get grossed out watching people tie up a roast or discuss pork bellies, and i sometimes get tired of constantly vegan-izing recipes in my head as i watch, you know, by figuring out how to cut out cheese or replace eggs.

·
Registered
739 Posts
That would be awesome!
Especially since the one vegetarian show I know of (Regina's Kitchen or something) is mostly stuff chock full of eggs and cheese (bleah)! I found out about this guy who had a show called Vegan in a VW. I don't know if it was on TV or just on-line videos, but it was a really cool idea. He travelled around in his VW camper and cooked up vegan stuff wherever he went. I'd really like to see that show! Better yet, MOP can start his own when he gets his "dream bus"!

·
Registered
444 Posts
There is a vegan cooking show (at least I think it's all vegan, anytime I've seen it it has been) called Christina Cooks. I think we get it on Deroit Public TV. I was amazed when I first found out about it too, that there actually is a vegan cooking show!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I e-mailed my local public television station and asked them to put on a vegan cooking show. I suggested Bryanna Clark Grogan, since her recipes are not only fabulous, but also groundbreaking. The president emailed me back and said he would bring it up to the group who decides these things (I forgot exactly who he said, heh) and that he would take it under advisement! I thought that was nice! She's great at thoroughly explaining things, and her recipes are original and vegan to start with; not veganized versions of others' recipes.

I also mentioned Ken Bergeron, who is an outstanding vegan chef, and author of "Professional Vegetarian Cooking," which is a great book! I just wanted to let them know there is a demand *and* that there *are* excellent, professional vegan cooks/chefs out there!

Vegans Unite! Hehe, send those emails!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
my friends in brisbane (australia) have started a vegan cooking show and they need people!

for anyone who is in brisbane (or even other cities in aus) and want details, let me know, okay

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah! that's the one I was thinking of! Whenever I watched it everything was full of dairy and eggs though.
Maybe she's evolving her menu, it has been a long time since I've seen it.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Minibean

There is a vegan cooking show (at least I think it's all vegan, anytime I've seen it it has been) called Christina Cooks. I think we get it on Deroit Public TV. I was amazed when I first found out about it too, that there actually is a vegan cooking show!
Yeah I read about that show in a health food store magazine. She is a vegan.

http://www.christinacooks.com/

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have always dreamt about cooking everything from scratch. It would be so awesome if there was a vegan cooking show on foodtv. *sighs* if they only had a vegan cooking show where I live in Ohio.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The authors of How it all Vegan and Garden of Vegan are working on a tv show in Canada. They were discussing it on the web site but I do not know how the plans are going. I am not Canadian so I am not sure I could get it at my home.

Stop dreaming scarletboo and get cooking. It just isn't that hard unless you count filling a pantry with the stuff and buying the cookbooks. Try The Everyday Vegan to get off to a good start.

·
Registered
86 Posts

*waking up from my dream*

I will have some more time to experiment in the kitchen. So, I will try some recipes from Everyday Vegan. Does that book include simple recipes for just one person?

·
Registered
870 Posts
No, sorry boo, it makes enough for the Prince and I to have dinner together and lunch for each of us the next day. Of course things can be cut down but when you are just learning to cook from scratch that can be a pain. I have not seen it myself but table for two by Joanne Stepaniak could be a good choice.

Invite a friend over once a week to cook with and then share a meal together. Grandma's are also a good choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.