VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here's the simple chocolate chip cookies I made last night, they come out sorta cakelike(I seem to like soft cookies) but still good... this is from a book called the complete vegan cookbook by mindy toomay...and somebody else.

Jessica's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 cups unbleached white flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

2/3 cup suagr

1/3 cupp applesauce

1 teaspoon vannilla extract

1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 F. Stir together the dry ingredients except sugar in medium bowl. In a larger bowl combine sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Mix until the sugar is well incorporated, Add the flour mixture, stirring until all ingredients combine to form a stiff dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Mound rounded teaspoons of batter onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

and here's the coconut fridge cookies recipe i used to make all of the time, out of easy vegan cooking by leah leneman.

·
Registered
346 Posts
¡~~~Nutty Chocolate Meltaways ~~~!

2 cups raw nuts (cashew, walnut...etc etc.)

¼ teaspoon salt

¼ cup cornstarch

¼ wheat germ

baking soda

baking powder

¾ tsp. cinnamon

¾ tsp. allspice

¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour

½- ¾ cup vegan chocolate or carob chips

½ cup , or 2/3 if a very sweet, crisp cooky is desired. vegan sweetener (brown rice syrup, agave or ___?____)

Put the nuts in blender one cup at a time and grind them to near flourness. (A few coarse pieces is fine), Combine the nut flour, salt, wheat germ, cornstarch, cinnamon, allspice, pastry flour and chocolate chips. Mix thouroughly.

\tAdd honey and mix, first with a spoon, then with your fingers. Mix until the sweetener is blended with the batter, and the batter holds together when you roll it into 1 inch balls.

\tVery lightly oil 2 cooky sheets. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Form 1 inch balls of the batter and place them on the cookie sheets. (If youve used the lesser amount of sweetner, the cookies wont spread too much, but with the larger amount theyll spread considerably, so leave eough space. Dont flatten the cookies at all.

\tBake 16-20 minutes (until golden at 325 degrees, then remove from the cookie sheet and cool completely on a rack.

\t\t\t\t\tYield: about 30 cookies.

Note: Ive tried this with many kinds of nuts, and many different sweeteners. They all work. IMHO, espresso tropical source chips are good in these. And, feel free to come up with a better name!

^^^I got this from Bonnie Mandod (I think) hawaiin recipe book. Pretty much everyone who tries these loves em. Yummy.

I'll have to try some of those other rcipes too....
*has a sweet tooth*

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
lately these have been my most favorite cookie..

no bake chocolate/peanut butter cookies

i use the recipe my mom always used. i just converted it to vegan.

2 cups raw sugar

1/3 cup cocoa

1/2 cup (1 stick) of vegan margarine (earth balance)

1/2 cup soymilk (can use rice milk)

1 Tablespoon vanilla (and/or a little maple syrup, but i always use the vanilla)

3 cups quick oats (i use alittle more then 3 cups)

1/2 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky)

In a 2-3qt. saucepan, mix the sugar, cocoa, margarine, and soymilk.

bring it to a boil and once at a boil time it for 3 minutes.

(This is really important. If you don't boil it long enough, the cookies won't harden up and you'll just have mush or to long and they will harden to fast in the pan!.)

Turn off the heat, then stir in the vanilla, peanut butter, and oatmeal.

Drop by spoonfuls cookie sheet and leave out on the counter for about 15-20 minutes to harden up.

YUM!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Eskimo Cookies

Ingredients

3/4 cup butter (I use Earth Balance margarine)

3/4 cup sugar

3 tablespoons cocoa

1 tablespoon water

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups rolled oats

Method

Mix sugar and cocoa. Add butter, water and vanilla.

Mix in rolled oats.

Refrigerate over night.

Roll into balls and roll in powdered sugar.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by missleigh

This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, ever.

http://www.vegweb.com/food/sweets/4365.shtml
I don't know whether to love you or hate you for posting that link! I have had a terrible time making cookies since being vegan. But I checked out the recipe and the comments people left and decided to give cookies one last try. The recipe seemed too simple to be so good. Now I can't stop eating them!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Oneness- nice cookies! I tried em. First with oat bran---kinda chaffy, I dont recomend it. Much better with oats! Oh, and I added instant coffee too. *yummy*

·
Registered
469 Posts
here's my favorite recipe:

-1 box of Organic cookie mix

-Egg replacer

-Earth Balance...if needed

-Soy milk...if needed

Stir, bake, enjoy.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hmm, a question about vegan cookies. I'm a little picky and I just can't find any recipes for vegan cookies that fit me. Does anyone have nice recipes without: anything soy, tropical plant oils, raisins, anything chocolate or carob (don't like the taste), dates, almonds, margarine, and refined/white flour?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eva-bo-beva

here's my favorite recipe:

-1 box of Organic cookie mix

-Egg replacer

-Earth Balance...if needed

-Soy milk...if needed

Stir, bake, enjoy.
I've tried replacement methods. They never turn out as good as recipes designed to be vegan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts