VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.pritchitt.com/pritchitts/...A?opendocument

New Soya Maid

Soya Maid joined our minipot range in August, the first long life soya one-cup portion whitener in the UK. Particularly appropriate for airlines and the travel sector, Soya Maid provides an ideal beverage whitener for vegan, vegetarian and ethnic meals, or for travellers with special dietary requirements. Suitable for vegans, vegetarians and those with a lactose intolerance, soya is also becoming increasingly popular with the health conscious consumer. These groups can now enjoy a cup of tea or coffee away from home without having to compromise. Tony Weston of the Vegan Society, which plans to help caterers during UK Vegan Week this year, has welcomed the launch of Soya Maid. "In the past, even when lucky enough to be offered an option, establishments have often charged customers for having to open a large carton of soya milk. Soya Maid is revolutionary and provides caterers with the opportunity to offer customers a soya alternative, which minimises waste."Soya Maid tastes good in both tea and coffee, is 100% dairy free and the only single portion whitener of its kind in the UK market.With the number of those choosing a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle growing each year, and with many people considering soya as a healthy alternative, it is important that caterers provide a full range of products for their customers.

I have my coffee black, but it could be handy if you have non-vegan visitors....

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
vegan1, i found one yesterday in the 'super bio markt' (here in germany) and it is from VIANA. it's in a small tub so not quite a 'one erving portion' but still smaller than a 1litre carton ....

i haven't tried it yet but plan to take it to the cafe when we go next, seeing as no café's here have soy milk!

it's exciting!!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i know what you mean.

from our experience, coagulation, or flakes in the coffee, seem to either happen by the acidity of the coffee or the temperature difference (between the cold soymilk and hot coffee).

it never seems to coagulate when they make soy latte's in the cafe!!!!

why? i wonder where the answer lies ...

luckily when i make coffee at home, it doesn't happen which is good.

mmmmmmm coffee

·
Registered
117 Posts
Silk makes a soy creamer here in the US. I've tried it once and it seemed pretty good. Re: the "flaking" - I find that happens mostly when the coffee is burnt. Usually, if I poor the soymilk in first and coffee last, it blends just fine. But the creamer's good, too!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i had a problem w/ flaking for the longest time w/ silk or even soy milk.
now i just put it in the microwave a minute after i add it to the coffee and it's fine. rice milk works too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts