VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a recipe for ooey gooey cinnamon rolls, please! Anyone have one they'd like to share with me?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think there mey sort of be one in the new farm cookbook, i think you make them useing the soft andwhich buns recipie, haven't made the cinn. rolls but i have made the reg buns a couple of times, they come out really soft and yummy, i'll have to check the book again,i'll let you know when i have a little more time, (got to g leave to vist my parents pretty soon ).

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Did you see how long it takes to prepare, though? By the time they're done, I will have eaten four bowls of cereal! Looks delicious, though.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've made cinnamon rolls a number of times. I won't go into a recipe but I just make the dough and let it rise covered and then spread it out flat and smear oil on that surface and sprinkle very liberally with cinnamon and raw sugar. Then roll it up and bake in the oven in a pan for a while ). Once it's done, I just slice off a part of it and put some icing I make on the slice.

That last one I made was exceedingly good ...but I'm not used to so much sugar and I got a sugar headache off it for a couple days LOL

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
'cause I've been craving some ooey gooey junk. This recipe sounds good. It's from Burgers 'n Fries 'n Cinnamon Buns by Bobbie Hinman (low fat meatless version of fast food favorites)

Topping:

1 tablespoon soy margarine, melted

3 tablespoons maple syrup

2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar

Filling:

1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 tablespoons raisins

Dough:

3/4 cup whole wheat flour

3/4 cup all purpos flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1/2 cup orange juice

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Glaze (optional):

1/4 cup confectioners sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons low fat soy milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees (sorry, I'm not metric). Have a 9 inch pie pan ready.

To prepare topping:

Combine melted margarine, maple syrup, and brown sugar in pie pan. Mix well and spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle evenly with raisins and cinnamon. Set aside.

To prepare filling:

Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside, along with the raisins.

To prepare dough:

In a large bowl, combine both types of flour, baking powder, and brown sugar, mixing well. Add oil. Mix with a fork or pasty blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine orange juice and vanilla and add to dough. Mix until all ingredients are moistened. With your hands, work the dough into a ball. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead a few times. Shape dough into a log. Place a piece of wax paper over the dough and roll, into a 8 x 16 inch rectangle. Carefully remove wax paper.

Sprinkle dough evenly with filling and raisins.

Starting with one long side, roll dough up tightly like a jelly roll. cut dough into 10 pieces, using a sharp knife and a sawing motion (this will keep buns from becoming flattened). Place buns, cut side up, evenly in pan, leaving about 1/2 inch betweens buns.

With the palm of your hand, press buns down gently until they are touching eachother.

Bake 15 minutes.

Let stand 2-3 minutes. Then invert on a serving plate.

To prepare glaze:

Place confectioners sugar in a small bowl. Add soy milk and mix well (if thinner glaze is desired add a little more milk at a time).

Drizzle glaze over buns and serve right away (if you aren't going to eat the buns until later, wait until the buns cool before glazing them).

Whew! This is a long recipe to type. It sure sounds like they would taste good though. Supposed to be like the Cinnabon cinnamon rolls.

If anyone tries this let me know please. I think I'll try it either this weekend or next weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts