·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I made for dinner tonight:

Chorizo and Kale Soup

2 Tbsp olive oil

2 sweet potatoes or yams peeled and diced

1-2 onions, chopped (depends on how much you like onions and how big they are)

4-6 cloves of garlic, chopped

2 bay leaves, fresh or dried

1 bunch kale, 'deboned' and coarsley chopped

salt and pepper

1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

1 15 oz can diced tomatoes

1 package of vegan chorizo (I get mine at Ralphs or Whole Foods)

1 quart veggie broth

Warm, crusty bread

Heat oil in a deep pot over medium high heat. Add potatoes and onions, cover, and cook 5 min, stirring occasionally.

Add garlic, bay leaves, and kale to the pot. Cover and wilt greens 2-4 min. Season with salt and pepper. Add beans, tomatoes, chorizo and broth to the pot and bring soup to a full boil. Reduce heat back to medium and cook 10 min longer until the potatoes are tender.

Serve soup with hunks of crusty bread.

*Note: The chorizo I use is basically TVP with lots of spices. I cook it in a separate pan for about 10-15 min on medium heat so some of the moisture evaporates and the consistancy becomes more crumbly. It would probably work if I just threw it in with the beans, but I puree the soup for my baby and I didnt want the spicyness of the chorizo in his food. So I added it at the end.

The whole meal takes about 30-35 min to cook. Enjoy!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another great recipe using Vegan Chorizo

http://www.vegsource.com/talk/recipe...ges/75100.html

I really like it and this is a another recipe that Mark made up last night, I like it.

1 slice Tofutti Garlic Chees

leftover rice (about 1 1/2 cups)

4 tbsp. chorizo browned in skillet

tomato sauce (maybe a 1/2 cup?)

Heat and eat

I think Muffcake eats hers with scrambled tofu, I will have to try that. I buy mine at Wal-mart and the brand is Frieda's Soyrizo.

Shannon

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love veggie chorizo! i cook it up with diced potatoes and onions and wrap it up in tortillas with salsa and tofutti sour cream.

yummmmm!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.