VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
sounds good and look pretty. Where is the recipe from? It's not a VCTOTW recipe.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

sounds good and look pretty. Where is the recipe from? It's not a VCTOTW recipe.
Whats VCTOTW?
I just did a simple google search and found it- I doubled the unsweetened cocoal powder though

I used the same method for making the "buttercream" frosting that I always used to make (I knew it by heart) but I substituted the butter and sugar and milk for vegan items.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I need more cupcakes in my life.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World!

It mentions white sugar isn't vegan- not all white sugar is processed through bone-char. Here's a list of companies that do and don't:
http://www.veganproducts.org/sugar.html
I usually buy raw sugar, but when I came across Pioneer (no bone char) I bought that just because.
you are correct! I went back and edited it.
I'm a silly newb.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Wow, the ingredients list on these are perfect and simple! The frosting requires more substitute things and other less common things I don't have, but the cupcake recipe doesn't even ask for nondairy milk or any other special subs. I have vegan frosting from the store so I'm going to make these soon, maybe tomorrow.
Does anyone know if you can sub the vinegar with lemon juice, though? I ran out of vinegar but I have lemon juice, and I've heard they can sub for each other but I'm not sure if that applies with baking or what.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Okay so I googled and apparently you can sub lemon juice for vinegar because it has the acidity needed to make the cupcakes rise, so I'm going to make these this weekend! My little brother's birthday party is this weekend and I'm pretty sure the cake my mom's getting is non vegan, so I'm going to make some of these so I'll have a cake option, and plus little kids seem to like cupcakes more whenever we do parties with cake and cupcake options so maybe I can get more people to eat vegan cake

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Okay so I googled and apparently you can sub lemon juice for vinegar because it has the acidity needed to make the cupcakes rise, so I'm going to make these this weekend! My little brother's birthday party is this weekend and I'm pretty sure the cake my mom's getting is non vegan, so I'm going to make some of these so I'll have a cake option, and plus little kids seem to like cupcakes more whenever we do parties with cake and cupcake options so maybe I can get more people to eat vegan cake
I bet you can do that- the chocolate will most likely mask the lemon flavor.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

You know, I really want to make vegan cupcakes for my family and not tell them they're vegan until they're all gone
I've done that, and none the wiser.

@photojess-Let's hope the OP never finds out about my root beer cupcakes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts