VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

umm due to the fact i seem to be making a few too many mistakes when it comes to reading the ingredients on packets, i wondered if anyone could tell me if D&D dairy free chocolate chips are vegan?

i'm going to email them anyway

and i thiiink they ARE ok

but you know

any mistakes that can be avoided...

just being extra careful

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
For vegan butterscotch chips - have you checked store brand items?

I've had no problem finding vegan butterscotch chips, store brands are too cheap to have nice ingredients...So use (vegan so far) flavorings and chemicals.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Most semi-sweet chips are vegan. The main thing to watch out for is milkfat (Nestlé's I'm looking at you!
), milk powder or other "milk" things. Looking at their website it appears the D&D chips are vegan. They even specify beet sugar, so no bone char, if that's a concern. FYI Cocoa butter isn't milk related, it's the fatty part of chocolate.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyskrasia View Post

For vegan butterscotch chips - have you checked store brand items?

I've had no problem finding vegan butterscotch chips, store brands are too cheap to have nice ingredients...So use (vegan so far) flavorings and chemicals.
Yes and they all had milk products in them.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Guittard semi-sweet are vegan and absolutely amazing. Ghiradelli (sp?) has some vegan types. Lots of store brands are vegan.

Kroger SOMETIMES sells a brand called Log House that makes butterscotch chips that are indeed vegan. You can ask them to stock the brand or order you some (maybe they will, maybe they won't, I have erratic luck with Kroger people being helpful).

Check out this thread (basically says the same thing, I think): http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=35627

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
6$? OMG, that's just ......wrong.

Well, as other recent threads have shown, there's no accounting for taste, but I much prefer the vegan store brand chocolate chips over ANY of the so-called "health-food" brands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.