Vegan Chilli<br><br>
Category: Main Dishes - Other<br><br><br><br>
Suitable for a: vegan diet<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Ingredients:<br><br>
------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br><br>
1 small onion (I only had reallly big onions so I used 1/2 of one)<br><br>
2 tomatos<br><br>
1 green pepper (I used a large one)<br><br>
1 can of kidney beans (I had a 15 oz can, that has the liquid inside, if you arent using them out of a can, you will have to pre cook them, drain them and use vegetable stock instead of the liquid stuff in the can of kidney beans)<br><br>
2 table spoons tomatoe puree<br><br>
2 tea spoons chilli powder (they had 'mexican hot' and 'regular' at the store, I bought regular)<br><br>
1 table spoon vegan sugar<br><br>
1 tablespoon vingar<br><br>
small amount of vegetable oil<br><br>
1/2 teaspoon salt<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Instructions:<br><br>
1. Chop up the onion, green pepper, and tomatoes. You will want to do this seperate.<br><br>
2. In large skillet, put onion and green peppers (which is why you needed them cut up seperate, the tomatoes dont go in til later) put a little bit of oil on top,(I just put a few drops here and there on top of the vegetables) and fry for 5 minutes.<br><br>
3. Turn off heat. Add all ingredents. Note: If you did not use kidney beans out of a can, you will need 1/2 pint vegetable stock to make up for the kidney bean liquid.<br><br>
4. Stir well!!<br><br>
5. Turn heat on low, simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occassionally.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Additional comments:<br><br>
I made this for dinner tonight, and it was really good! I will deffiently be making it again!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have it on the stove cooking. This makes about 4 meals for me. I made it with black beans and added some boca crumbles to it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The recipe I'm familiar with only calls for 2-3 plum tomatoes too. I use lentils in addition to the beans and garlic, jalapeños, paprika, cumin, cayenne, cilantro and thyme instead of chili powder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts