Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vegan Chilli

Category: Main Dishes - Other

Suitable for a: vegan diet

Ingredients:

------------------------------------------------------

1 small onion (I only had reallly big onions so I used 1/2 of one)

2 tomatos

1 green pepper (I used a large one)

1 can of kidney beans (I had a 15 oz can, that has the liquid inside, if you arent using them out of a can, you will have to pre cook them, drain them and use vegetable stock instead of the liquid stuff in the can of kidney beans)

2 table spoons tomatoe puree

2 tea spoons chilli powder (they had 'mexican hot' and 'regular' at the store, I bought regular)

1 table spoon vegan sugar

1 tablespoon vingar

small amount of vegetable oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions:

1. Chop up the onion, green pepper, and tomatoes. You will want to do this seperate.

2. In large skillet, put onion and green peppers (which is why you needed them cut up seperate, the tomatoes dont go in til later) put a little bit of oil on top,(I just put a few drops here and there on top of the vegetables) and fry for 5 minutes.

3. Turn off heat. Add all ingredents. Note: If you did not use kidney beans out of a can, you will need 1/2 pint vegetable stock to make up for the kidney bean liquid.

4. Stir well!!

5. Turn heat on low, simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occassionally.

Additional comments:

I made this for dinner tonight, and it was really good! I will deffiently be making it again!

·
Registered
333 Posts
The recipe I'm familiar with only calls for 2-3 plum tomatoes too. I use lentils in addition to the beans and garlic, jalapeños, paprika, cumin, cayenne, cilantro and thyme instead of chili powder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.