VeggieBoards banner

Vegan Chicken Sandwhich/Chicken Nugget etc...

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  GhostUser 
#1 ·
It all started when my little brother bought a big Kids meal from Mcdonalds...

Chicken nuggets- used to be my fave back in my less conscious days. Ever since then I've been dreaming about the things. I've stopped eating because tofu and tvp just aren't sutting it anymore.

I made some seitan- breaded and fried it and chucked it into the trash- everyone else (veggie and non veggie) loved it- but it just wasn't- well, meat.

So here I am- what have you guys done for your cravings of his sort- any recipe, a chant, whatever will be GREATLY appreciated lol! *sits down patiently awaiting help

See less See more
#7 ·
grain_girl- thanks for the link. finely ground into a paste like concoction?? what on earth kind of chicken is that lol! And that's what my little bro was eating? Ew.

The sad thing is that I have been looking for a health food store in New York (the city) that sells Yves- so far I havent found one. But when I do *sigh* let's just say I'll eat that straight for a few days.

#8 ·
Tomaito - Have you tried looking in the regular grocery store? I've seen the Yves products in Pubix... Not sure if you have one of those in New York... There must be some veggie restaurants somewhere around... They might have some veggie nuggets.

Doesn't that all that talk of 'paste concoction' make your skin crawl? I remember several years ago, I bit into a mcd's chicken nugget, and I felt something hard and slimy in my mouth, I can't even remember if I spit it out or not, I may have just swallowed it like a lot of meat eaters do when they find a less than desirable texture in their meat. Makes me want to gag thinking about that now. =p

I know what it's like to miss something, though. Meat doesn't bother me, but I miss my dairy. I still have some of it in my diet, but nowhere like I used too. It can be hard sometimes, but just remember how much you're contributing with your diet. Your helping the environment, the animals, and of course, yourself.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.