VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is my first Easter where I am actually concerned about what kind of candy to buy, this came at a perfect time for me.

Thought I would share.

PETA's email:

Stuff Your Easter Basket With an Assortment of These Gelatin-Free, Vegan Goodies

Airheads taffy

Atkins peanut butter bars

Blow Pops

Charms lollipops

Chick-o-Sticks

Cracker Jack

Cry Babies

Dem Bones

Dots

Dum-Dums

Fireballs

Goldenbergs Peanut Chews

Hot Tamales

Hubba Bubba bubblegum

Jolly Ranchers (lollipops and hard candy)

Jujubees

Jujyfruits

Lemonheads

Mambas

Mary Janes (regular and peanut butter kisses)

Mike and Ike

Now and Later

Pez

Ring Pop lollipops

Smarties

Sour Patch Kids

Starburst (jelly beans and hard candy)

Super Bubble

Swedish Fish

Sweet Tarts

Tropical Source mini chocolate bags

Twizzlers

Zotz

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Chick-o-sticks rule! I just bought one the other day and feasted heartily. For those who don't know they are a stick of candy like the inside of a Butterfinger with a bit of coconut thrown in. Woo hoo!

I thought Mambas had gelatin in them? Granted, this was many years ago that I checked, they could've changed.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hot Tamales and Mike & Ikes aren't vegan because they have beeswax... and Starburst Jellybeans have shellac if I remember right ..

(it's very annoying when they don't put this stuff on the labels!! argh)

Right now I'm craving some of those Goldenberg Peanut Chews.. yum

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Thanks for bursting my bubble, OZ! I was so looking forward to having some Hot Tamales!! Oh, well...guess I'll just have to keep on eating the Swedish Fish. Mmmm....Swedish Fish...

I also thought Mambas had gelatin...perhaps they have recently changed their formula...that would be cool.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't do the research - I only posted the email from PETA. If any of this is not true, I'm sorry. I was kind of wondering about a couple of them myself. I can link the news letter from peta if you would like.

·
Registered
0 Posts
FYI for truely vegan delights Pangea and Vegan Essentials does stock holiday themed products for the kids or those with a sweet tooth. Pangea even offers vegan skittles and Starburst alone with vegan sour gummy candies.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
yup, and if you live in the UK, you can get vegan skittles and starburst as the norm. Also, uncle joes mint balls are the best. They're vegan as well, even to the extent of the sugar being refines with limestone (Tate & lyle do the refining for uncle joes.)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Just bought Mamba candy yesterday for the first time. Not bad for candy (candy being so full of crap already). Reminded me very much of Starburst, and I didn't notice any gelatin in the ingredients list. Looks like it's a British manufacturer, so that doesn't surprise me after reading Loki's above post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The smarties sold here in Canada,contain milk
In a couple of weeks

when I'm off my low carb diet, I'm going to invite some friends over and we're

gonna have a candy salad. Basically, its going to be a big bowl full of the following yummie vegan candies:

Fuzzy Peaches

Swedish Berries

Watermelon sour slices

Grapefruit sour slices

Nibs

Sour patch kids

Sour patch kids (fruits)

Cherry blasters

yum yum, just the thought of them all in a bowl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts