VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from making my own bread, I cannot seem to find any burger or tofu dog buns that are vegan. What brands are people using?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I too just make my own bread normally (well, since only vegetarian, I'm not as limited, although I haven't seen any vegan ones [honey/whey in almost all]).

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
There is one called "Rudy's" I've seen at Whole Foods, and they (Whole Foods) have their own brand of burger and hotdog buns that are vegan. I have some in my freezer. It takes some searching. Seems there are more when Summer arrives.

I also like making my own too, it's less expensive.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I don't use buns, because I don't like a lot of bread. Instead, I use flour tortillas. They're perfect for dogs, and the burgers can be cut into strips for easier rolling.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi Shannon,

I'm interested in the Chef Deb recipe. I made some ww buns the other day, and they were just okay, so I'm still searching! Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
PixieMagic, I hope you like them, I love them!

If you try someting different, let me know, I love playing with ingredients in recipes
Shannon

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by VeggieMama

This is completely unhelpful,but when I read your post title,I thought you were talking about human Vegan Buns!

LOL

Sorry....

VM
heh heh me too. tricky title. now im all hot and bothered. well, since im here, i found me a good pair of vegan buns at a real grocery store of all places. i needed them for a bbq i was going to and trader joes didnt carry any which i though was wierd so i went nxt door to vons and found some by 'food for life'. anyway they are pretty easy to find especially at most hfs's EXCEPT traitor joe's.

·
Registered
0 Posts
metropolis baking company makes vegan hamburger buns that are awesome. i think they also have organic flour in them. don't know where they are available outside of the sf bay area though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.